Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by cuavsfan
  • (unregistered id: EC635F2DC2)
Great episode. The feel throughout with all of the different relationships, etc. really worked well IMO.

Shirt prediction: That "Qx" logo (the prescription sign with the R->Q)

Funny stuff:
Nancy & Drew
"Hank, do you have a cold?"
"I can bench press." (Greatest line ever!)
Rusty rolling off the car when they stop.
"Play it cold."
Rusty's dog-paddle-like swimming.
"What's your hurry?" / "What's your slowey?"
"Go team boobies."
Dean hitting her with the chair!
"She's an epileptic." / "Eww!"
Boxing gorilla!

Plus there was some stuff that will probably be referenced again in the future about the origin of Hank & Dean:
"We have different hair." / "Plus I have a heavier build." - Actually stating some of the obvious things that fans have said about them maybe not being twins...
"19 years 2 months 4 days." - Rusty's reply to Dr. Quymn's "You have no idea how long it's been." - Taking 9 months from that would mean that a child would be 18 and change... isn't that about how old the twins would be if they weren't recloned?
"Put your seed in her and walk out that door again." - Kind of self-explanatory...
Jul. 4, 2008, 9:28pm
  • by haux
  • (unregistered id: 4BEA7CF369)
that's not just a Qx/prescription drug symbol, it's also the venus/female symbol.

i see a line of womyn's adventurewear with this logo.

and, on "...seed in her...walk out..." and 19/2/4, is rusty the father of the twymns? is the adolescent sex we're xxxxxxxx, going to be thwarted because they're all actually siblings?? and in that line of thinking, and ideas already mentioned here, have rusty and tara been incestuous all along?
Jul. 5, 2008, 3:18am
  • by Hol
  • (unregistered id: 370E454A1A)
Well, the last shirt did kinda leave out us girl adventurer's, lol. Even so I don't think I'd get this shirt, Qwymn wasn't an overall favorite of mine. I'm still waiting on an Order of the Triad shirt.
Jul. 5, 2008, 11:02am
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: A2D8BED341)
Dr. Venture said that he had not seen Dr. Quymn since he was ten years old. Unless he's lying or something really weird happened, he's not the father of Dr. Quymn's twins.

I think Ginny was talking about the man who originally knocked Dr. Quymn up, and projecting her fears on to Dr. Venture. Ginny's not exactly stable. She sees every man as a threat to Dr. Quymn, so in her mind Dr. Venture = all men = the man who impregnated and then abandoned Dr. Quymn.

I don't think we are meant to conclude that Dr. Venture is the father of the Quymn twins.
Jul. 5, 2008, 11:04am
  • by Pirate Hippy
On second viewing though, I noticed when Dr. Venture is talking to Brock while riding on top of the Land Rover, Dr. Venture mentions "having a bit of a fling years ago" with Dr. Quymn. They do seem to have recognized each other at once, so I doubt that Dr. Venture and Dr. Quymn haven't seen each other since they were ten years old. Rusty's fibbing somewhere.
Jul. 5, 2008, 12:29pm
  • by CaptainGS
  • (unregistered id: B5BA42DF52)
I actually took that to be Rusty's referring to almost kissing her when they were ten, which makes it even funnier that he was bragging.
Jul. 5, 2008, 12:36pm
  • by Pirate Hippy
Good point! I was jumping to conclusions there. You're right, that's even funnier! He's probably bragging to Brock, and then when his life is threatened by Ginny, the truth comes out!

I suppose Dr. Quymn recognized him from photographs; after all they are both semi-famous super scientists/children of super-scientists (or whatever Dr. Quymn's mother was) so they have probably been reading about each other for years without actually meeting in person.
Jul. 5, 2008, 12:47pm
  • by Dandy
  • (unregistered id: 79F612DEE7)
Imagine you're about to have your first kiss and then your dad and the girl's mom come crashing down through the ceiling, locked in each others arms and making out. Killinger was so right.
Jul. 6, 2008, 12:37am
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: CA31821874)
Dr. Henry Killinger knows and sees all!
Jul. 7, 2008, 12:11pm
  • by That Guy! From the Internet!
  • (unregistered id: C039DEBA32)
I thought the "19 years..." comment was just how long it's been since Rusty had sex at all---not necessarily with Dr. Quymn. Or maybe *confirmed* sex, since he's still apparently under the impression that he fucked Dr. Girlfriend.
Jul. 7, 2008, 5:24pm
  • by hank
  • (unregistered id: 86F3DBD42C)
im with you on this one - i immediately thought Doc was just saying how long it's been since he had sex.
But i don't think he's under the impression him and dr. girlfriend had sex - after the Hate party episode, i thought Dr. G made it pretty clear they didn't hook up, and im betting venture realized that.
Jul. 8, 2008, 2:54am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites