Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by MW
  • (unregistered id: E909B19CA0)
Talk about adding tarnish to armour. Besides being a bad father, Jonas Venture appears to be quite a dubious fellow. Am I the only one who sees an ongoing theme? First, there was conjecture the Monarch is his offspring, chest hair. Now, it is more than possible Dr. Quymn is his daughter. Now, think about this episode...ewww. Another interesting subplot, each child has a distinguishing feature or malady. The Monarch has long eye lashes. Quymn is an epileptic. Dare I say, Quizboy Billy is a hydrocephalic. Don't forget to toss Molotov into the mix. Jonas was spreading more than science during the 60's and 70's.

Good episode by the way.
Jul. 4, 2008, 2:15pm
I wouldn't go that far to suggest Dr. Quymn is his daughter, but seeing that whole Key Party sequence really put into context just how messed up Rusty's childhood was, his Dad definitely was a bad father in the classic 60's swinger type, but with super science adventuer types.

Great episode though, but where the hell is this all going to end up at the finalie?
Jul. 4, 2008, 2:34pm
  • by CaptainGS
  • (unregistered id: B5BA42DF52)
Quymn being his daughter occurred to me, as well. Colonel Gentleman isn't her father, because she calls him 'Horace'. And then she lifts her arms to get picked up and/or hugged by Jonas as he turns away. Could be that she's just an affectionate little girl, but it made me wonder.

Every time we're given a glimpse of what Rusty's childhood was like, it makes him so much more sympathetic. I hope they keep going with this.

But for sure, Jonas spread his seed around. I'm really looking forward to the whole Doc/Monarch brotherhood revelation.

One of my favorite parts:

"Now if I could only bottle that *ass*, I'd be a multi-millionaire."

Pretty hot line for Doc, I must say.
Jul. 5, 2008, 12:27am
  • by Bozno the Fifth
  • (unregistered id: 8C55CB498F)
"Now if I could only bottle that *ass*, I'd be a multi-millionaire."

Yeah, gotta admit, that was surprisingly smooth for dear old Rusty... is it me or, since Killinger's 'intervention', has Rusty been... different? I can't quite put my finger on it, but this doesn't feel like the same Dr. Venture we've been seeing for the last couple of seasons...

Though that could just be me...
Jul. 5, 2008, 8:57am
  • by RoboRob
  • (unregistered id: 02E79B5246)
Even money that the girls' father is Johnny Quest. Look at the hair.
Jul. 5, 2008, 9:52am
  • by Rahb
  • (unregistered id: 58C22C8993)
You mean Action Johnny, yes, I thought the same thing.
Jul. 8, 2008, 11:05pm
  • by Will
  • (unregistered id: 862A6B5101)
In regards to Quymn being Jonas' daughter, there is a moment right when she enters the party, where, when Jonas approaches her, Colonel Gentleman makes a point of looking away, either out of shame that his wife had a child with another man (even though he's gay, the wife suggests he is still in the closet) or simply to give the real father and his daughter a bit of privacy. Either way, I thought the look, on top of the hair, Gentleman's homosexuality, and Jonas' familiarity with Quymn's mother, was pretty telling and I'm fairly convinced that Rusty and Quymn are related.
Jul. 7, 2008, 7:12pm
  • by Bonzo the Fifth
  • (unregistered id: 8C55CB498F)
I gotta throw my suspicion on the possibility that Quymn and Rusty are brother/sister... As soon as I saw her, I noticed that they share an awful lot of features between them... I wasn't even looking for it, and I called 'EWWW... incest.' the second I saw her... to tell you the truth, I'm kind of surprised they didn't go all the way with that (Assuming that Quymn was, in fact, sired by Jonas Sr.)... after all, that would kind of go with the theme of Rusty's sex life being completely effed up...

Maybe she's not, but I felt that the hint was WAY too obvious for them to have not meant for it to be there... After all, haven't we been discussing lately how Hammer and Publick don't generally drop these kind of hints if they don't mean it to go somewhere?
Jul. 5, 2008, 8:51am
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: A2D8BED341)
I thought the idea was just a running joke about how Dr. Quymn is a female mirror image of Dr. Venture, ie, neglectful super scientist parent, twin children, big brawny bodyguard, super jet transport, etc. Both Dr. Venture and Dr. Quymn are a little messed up, neurotic, redheaded, would-be super scientists. It doesn't mean they are brother and sister, though.

Jonas certainly doesn't treat the young Quymn child as though she was his daughter. But we really aren't given enough information to judge the situation. I suspect the brother/sister theory is just another misguided fan theory, but we shall see.
Jul. 5, 2008, 10:54am
  • by gor
  • (unregistered id: 50B6BDC487)
Why ewwww? She pretty hot!
Jul. 5, 2008, 11:04am
  • by TL
  • (unregistered id: D1251D1E2F)
Note that there appears to be more than random swinger sex going on between Jonas and Dr. Quymn, too--watch how he palms his keys over to her while Colonel Gentleman is ogling his "pretty little thing".

I wasn't particularly wowed by this episode, but I did like the additional characters and backstory.
Jul. 7, 2008, 5:59am
  • by barrytown
  • (unregistered id: 936F26E427)
I was afraid no one else was going to notice the sim ilarities. same colored hair, child adventurers. If Horace wasn't competely gay it might be a coincidence, but I doubt he ever consummated his marriage, and Jonas and Dr. Quym senior were too immediately affectionate for it to have just been at that party. This was a long term thing. There's no doubt in my mind that Rusty and Dr. Quym are brother and sister, which means that not only did Rusty almost engage in imncest, but Dean was nearly raped by his cousins. I also liked how this episode furthered the idea that being a child adventurer is actually a pretty traumatic and damaging experience. I mean, it apparently drove this woman to epilepsy, and Ginny's mad rantings implied that there was a fair amount of abuse in her life.
Jul. 7, 2008, 11:16am
  • by Rahb
  • (unregistered id: 58C22C8993)
I don't think one is driven to epilepsy, one is born with it. But I have to agree that Dr. Quymn is Rusty's sister. It goes along with the "I almost f*cked ______" progression.
Jul. 8, 2008, 11:20pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites