Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Spncr Trcy
  • (unregistered id: 77237BE0DD)
First off, I have to agree with everybody who says that Dermit is
Billy's son. It's just good writing. Why would you (or the writers)
want this kid to be Brock's son? The writers are smart enough to know
that no fan wants to see Dermit tear down Brock's awesome character by being a lameass. But what about Billy? You take a relatively unexplored character from the last two seasons (even Pete was in on the college flashbacks), give him an origin episode (yes, Hand Of Fate was definitely a Billy origin episode), and then bulk up his character and backstory by making him an amnesiac OSI secret agent who unknowingly fathered a child. You know why that's good writing? Because you can already imagine the great jokes that they would make between Billy and Dermit. Giant annoying son with tiny naive father meeting and getting to know/hate one another. That's comedy. Also, making Dermit Brock's son would be like revealing that Dr. Girlfriend was a man. It's just way too obvious and this kind of extreme misdirection is a staple of the show.

Also, these posts brought up a weird idea. What if Brock is Hank's
father and Doc Venture is Dean's father? Maybe Myra is the mother and
somehow Brock and Doc both got her pregnant at the same time (it is
possible in reality). That wouldn't be too out of step with everything
else that happens in their world.
Jul. 1, 2008, 10:16pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 1810A2A1DF)
Jackson and Doc have said multiple times that Hank & Dean are both Dr. Venture's sons. Hank is not a clone of Brock or anything. Anyway Invisible Hand of Fate showed the boys as babies before Brock was assigned as Doc's bodyguard, and the only previous interaction Brock and Rusty had was they were roommates in college for a semester (if even that long). Hank is Dr. Venture's son, say it with me now :P
Jul. 1, 2008, 10:46pm
  • by Miller Industries
  • (unregistered id: ACBD24991A)
AMEN!! Everyone who thinks Hank is Brock's son needs to get with the program! HE IS'NT! He's Doc V's son!!! Get it through your thick spider-skulls!!! I love my fellow Venture-fans, but really you guys???? C'mon!!!
Jul. 2, 2008, 5:28am
  • by Roscoe
  • (unregistered id: BD83BFB0C7)
Wow, that's still being debated?
Geeze.
Jul. 3, 2008, 12:20am
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: CA31821874)
Not a debate really, but some people need to have the dots connected for them. And some pet theories die hard. It's always possible to invent some "could have happened" scenario to avoid connecting the dots, though, so some people will never admit defeat.
Jul. 3, 2008, 3:43am
  • by hank
  • (unregistered id: B4B4ADC2E7)
"It's just way too obvious and this kind of extreme misdirection is a staple of the show."

have you ever watched Venture Brothers? "extreme misdirection" a staple of the show?!@?# you've got to be kidding me. either you are the thickest person and never understood any clues (Doc's dream about eating something inside the womb) or you've watched old episodes maybe one time through. holy shit what a wrong statement.

do they do it - every once in a while - but a staple? hahaa.
Jul. 2, 2008, 3:38pm
  • by Gor
  • (unregistered id: 50B6BDC487)
I agree, because when someone says "extreme misdirection" I'm thinking M. Night Shyamalan. Most of the Venture Brother's so-called "misdirections" I would call mild surprises. The two biggest surprises were about Jonas Jr. & the boys being clones, and they dropped enough hints that it wasn't that much of a surprise, but were very entertaining.
Jul. 2, 2008, 11:16pm
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: CA31821874)
That probably explains why I've not bothered to watch M. Night Shyamalan yet.

Yeah reading these threads I really do have to wonder what show some people have been watching, because it sure wasn't the Venture Brothers. Mild misdirection here and there? Sure. Ambiguity that allows people to jump to false conclusions? Sure. "Extreme misdirection"??? Nope. Not yet. It could happen, but it would set a precedent. JP and DH haven't done this to us yet.
Jul. 3, 2008, 3:38am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites