Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by CaptainGS
  • (unregistered id: B5BA42DF52)
Holy shit. I thought I couldn't get enough of LAST week's episode, but I must have watched this one at least four times, already.

This is my favorite episode so far. Sgt. Hatred is such an amazing character - genuinely menacing in his old-school villainy. ("Listen, you scrawny little turd - I was a professional villain when you were trading Garbage Pail Kids!") Also - his entrance is incredible. Not only is the set-up in this episode for an on-going feud with The Monarch absolutely brilliant, but there's also the inevitable scenario of Brock eventually finding out that Hatred is his old commanding officer who got him assigned to Operation Rusty's Blanket.

I think my favorite part, hands down, is when The Monarch is screaming at Dr. Venture. "You are a brainless failure who lives off his father's fame and fortune! ... I've NEVER hated anyone as much as I hate you! ... You should just admit that you'll never amount to ANYTHING, and DRINK POISON!"

There's so much about that moment. You finally get a sense for why The Monarch has been arching Venture for all these years. There's also something kind of sweet about how he *needs* to hate him. There's a bond there.

The Monarch will always be my favorite character, for how truly ruthless he is. I was pretty psyched when he undermined Hatred with the explosive and almost bested him. Though, I really hope that it's not just a 'watching-him-squirm-because-he-can't-arch-Venture-anymore' plot, from now on. I like when they're forced to get along. I don't really want to see him arch him in secret on a regular basis.

I wonder what the circumstances were, by the way, of Hatred molesting the boys, if he never arched Venture before. Hank doesn't seem to remember Hatred in this episode, whereas he had during the wedding.

The relationship between Hank & Dean/21 & 24 is so entertaining. I hope we get to see more of it.

I agree with Dylan's comment, though - there's no way Dr. Girlfriend's voice just comes from smoking, although Hatred's needling was hysterical.

By the way - am I the only one who gets a little freaked out when Dr. Girlfriend's sexual past comes up? One gets the feeling that Phantom Limb manipulated her into doing things at parties that she wouldn't ordinarily do. It makes me feel The Monarch's insecurity so much more acutely, though, so I guess it's a good thing to bring up sometimes.

In addition, we find that Dean shares his father's emasculating daddy-complex dreams. Nice little touch.
Jun. 21, 2008, 10:46am
  • by Miller Industries
  • (unregistered id: ACBD24991A)
Hank might have died between the Monarch's wedding and this episode... some memories are lost. Their memories are only recorded while they sleep... sometimes they don't make it to the bed alive....
Jun. 21, 2008, 12:19pm
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: A2D8BED341)
However, Hank already has that memory of Sargent Hatred when he and Dean are kidnapped by Myra, and he has probably had that memory for some time - plenty of time to get back to the bed and have that memory saved. Moreover, after Myra is foiled by Brock, they head back home to the compound, where Hank is going to go to bed and get that day's memory saved as well; so there's no reason to think that the memory of Sargent Hatred would have been lost.

Either the cloning/memory bed process itself is faulty and they lose random bits of memory after each new cloning, or else Hank is now blase about Sargent Hatred and doesn't take him seriously (as long as Sargent Hatred obviously isn't trying to harm them).
Jun. 22, 2008, 1:15pm
  • by Kuiosikle
  • (unregistered id: 37484A9329)
As far as getting the memory after going to bed the night of the Myra incident, don't you think Dr.V might have wiped the boys memory a little that night? Seems to like erasing Myra from their memories.

Anyways, to me, Hank's perspective is this:"Oh, its that creepy guy. But he's standing over there, not sitting right next to me, and I'm about to go be hang out in the Cocoon with butterfly-men. Plus these weasels in my brain are keeping me pretty entertained and distracted so I don't see any reason to make any comments about anything with all this other character development going on around me."
Jun. 22, 2008, 7:31pm
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: CA31821874)
He might have wiped the memory of Myra but he wouldn't have wiped the memory of Sargent Hatred, which Dean seems to have been carrying around for some time prior to that episode. Assuming Rusty even has the ability to selectively wipe memories.
Jun. 23, 2008, 8:54am
  • by Rahb
  • (unregistered id: 58C22C8993)
Assuming? You saw last week's ep right?
Jun. 24, 2008, 9:04am
  • by barrytown
  • (unregistered id: 936F26E427)
actually, this is the second time dean has mentioned having disturbing dreams of his father, the first was in home insecurity, after G.U.A.R.D.O. attacked him, he mentioned that a giant robot with his father's face trying to kill him was just like in his dreams.

I have to agree that this is probably my favorite episode so far this season. Though I've only seen it the one time so far, it strikes me that they're finally "brought it," like this episode is really setting the stage for what this season is going to be about. Monarch not being able to let go of venture, conflict regarding the new marriage, plus the moppets vs the henchmen, and I really think sgt. hatred might be the phantom limb of this season, which I love, because he seemed like such a throw-away character, even when he was actually in episodes he was just your run-of-the-mill kinda goofy bad guy. It really shows the talent of JP and Doc to sneak things in that will unltimately become critical.
Jun. 23, 2008, 8:57am
  • by me
  • (unregistered id: 064920ED5F)
The moppets are going to try and kill dr. g and the big M
Jun. 23, 2008, 5:17pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites