Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by markmarkmark
  • (unregistered id: 4310E057EC)
i think it's really interesting that publicks mother died when he was young.
mainly cause at my university i convinced a friend to write an essay about the venture brothers and it's lack of female characters for a class on feminist perspectives of media.
i didn't know if i was just reading too much into it when i noticed there were zero female characters that are not only important, but approachable.
dr girlfriend left the monarch, and even after getting back together is still more proficient at hand to hand combat then her "man," not to mention that his voice is much higher pitched then hers.
the boys mother is absent - or, if myra actually is the mom, pretty much insane and still absent.
moltov, even though she loves samson, is incapable of any sort of intamacy with him, and the nameless whores that pass through samsons bed are not really characters.

weird.

i put too much thought into cartoons.
Feb. 27, 2007, 6:44am
  • by Bhaakon
  • (unregistered id: 1C95763A63)
No love for Triana? What about here hawt friend? Girl Hitler isn't a positive role model for young women? HELPeR can also be seen as filling a female gender role, if you look past the whole "made of metal and lacking feminine anatomy" thing.
Feb. 27, 2007, 8:40am
  • by three toes of furty
  • (unregistered id: 3B859BFF8B)
Woo Hoo!!! thanks for the podcast link. Such great news to hear that we'll be seeing more VB!! for those who dont want to listen or cant, heres Jacksons comments from the end of the interview: "Seasons 3 and 4 are unofficially green-lit, we're working out the budget. We will start production in a month or two."
Feb. 27, 2007, 10:07pm
  • by markmarkmark
  • (unregistered id: 4310E057EC)
triana/her friend are both females characters, but sort of unatainable and removed from the lives of the male characters.
orpheus doesn't understand his daughter, both hank and dean are incapable of relating to, or romancing these females.
girl hitler is barely a girl though. same with helper.
Mar. 1, 2007, 11:49pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites