Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

I just read this off of Jackson Publick's blog in the "comments" section and this made me feel so much better about my concerns (I copied it from the site, hope that's cool) :
"Points taken, but I submit that the deaths of two walking, talking, pie-eyed sixteen year old boys--regardless of their genesis--is a horrifying thing to behold, and something to be avoided at all costs. Hence Brock will always defend them unto death--because they ARE alive, they ARE his responsibility, and Brock IS dedicated to his mission (and has warmed up to them over the years). A conundrum? Sure, somewhat. But no more illogical than the way everyone else in the Venture world dutifully go about their appointed roles (supervillains hassle scientists, scientists invent stuff, henchmen obey supervillains, etc.), which is to say that it's completely illogical but thems the rules of the game. Brock is most certainly wounded by the boys' deaths each and every time they die. He probably beats himself up for a while. But, being a realist, he moves on and tries again (if you're trying to quit smoking and you cave in to cravings and have one, is it better to give up and start smoking again, or to curse yourself and renew your commitment?) His and Doc's shared, somewhat lighthearted reminiscences about the boys' previous deaths is probably a sort of "gallows humor" coping device. The man is, after all, a professional assassin.

As for Doc needing to "find himself" after the boys' deaths, well...he didn't. That's just a bullshit line he probably fed everyone who was trying to hold him back from his globe-spanning trip. The reality is that Doc is way more selfish than that. Though he knows he has to play by the superscientist rules and revivify the boys, just as he's done for years, he is not-so-secretly relieved every time he's able to get off the hook of being a father for even a month. Then it's back to business as usual.

Trust me, by the third episode or so all of this death of the boys stuff will be behind you and you can safely enjoy t
Jun. 27, 2006, 7:14am
Continued:

Trust me, by the third episode or so all of this death of the boys stuff will be behind you and you can safely enjoy the characters again. We are witnessing these characters in their "dirty little secret" mode in this premiere episode--we're seeing them at their ugliest, behind closed doors. Their world has rebooted, they will press on as always, and even you, the viewer, will put it all in the back of your mind and enjoy them for who they are in the other 12 episodes, as you presumably did last season.

Don't worry...they're not gonna be a pair of Kennys. To quote Doc: "stop it, they are HANK and DEAN. They have all the same memories, same annoying tendencies, same everything."
Jun. 27, 2006, 7:15am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• agrohimupv unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 4:11am
  • Robdvt unlocked One Year Later May. 2, 2024, 9:34pm
  • Robegf unlocked One Year Later May. 2, 2024, 9:33pm
  • Vikijgk unlocked One Year Later May. 2, 2024, 6:28pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites