Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Cione
  • (unregistered id: 07B193B913)
My favorite part was the "epilogue." The Monarch's "...What?" was PERFECT!

By the way, does anyone think that the music was mixed in too loud for this episode? I couldn't understand anything anyone said during the "jailbreak" scene.

I think that this episode's problem was that it HAD to reveal that Hank and Dean were clones, no matter what it did, and while I suppose this is a suitably ironic idea on paper, there's not really much you can do to make it funny on screen. I suppose the way they handled it (with Dr. Venture treating the whole thing as a sarcastic practical joke on Dr. Orpheus) was for the best. The parts of the episode that DIDN'T involve the clones were still hilarious though! Dr. Orpheus is now officially the most kickass character on the show, by the way.

You know, I actually would have preferred if they would have done it the Orpheus way...I could dig taking the team (The two Venture docs, Brock, Billy & Pete, Helper, and Orpheus) down to the underworld to fetch the two innocent souls! That would have made for one rockin' adventure, eh?
Jun. 26, 2006, 6:28pm
  • by Cione
Oh yeah, someone expressed worry that the Venture Bros. might not be able to age or grow up...I think they can still grow, because I'm pretty sure they looked younger in a couple of those clips in that montage.
Jun. 26, 2006, 6:31pm
  • by char
  • (unregistered id: 83F31A9D24)
More support for your point, In "Are You There God, It's Me, Dean" while referring to his pubic hairs Dean even said "Do you have to?...I just grew those."
Jun. 26, 2006, 7:09pm
  • by Reynolds
  • (unregistered id: 771C2AC806)
So, my brief impressions [beware Spoilers!].

First of all, the episode felt REALLY rushed. Like they were trying to jam in WAY too much information into one episode. I did enjoy much of it, but on the whole, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. My disappointment began with the new opening. It was very brief, and I didn't like the fact that Dr. O is now a featured character in the opening. I feel like this was marketing schtick, pure and simple (and don't get me wrong, Orpheus is my favorite character by a long shot, but I feel like the show is bowing to pressure by including him in the opening because he can be marketed. The theme is not something I was happy to see trifled with and shortened.

I had to re-watch it a second time just to catch everything and again, it felt like they tried to pack too much in and cut the themesong and the out-tro to compensate (out-tro was different too, I might add, and not for the better).

It did definitely look different this time around as far as colors go, and I know they are doing more with the background which could account for this. I would agree that Orpheus did look different (I even thought this when looking at the stills Jackson posted in his blog). I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but I got the sense that it may have undergone a bit of an overall change with marketing concerns in mind. I'll reserve judgement for now, I just hope it doesn't get watered down. Did anyone else feel like the episode was very rushed?
Jun. 26, 2006, 6:47pm
  • by Cione
I don't think you have to worry about the opening. The opening was just for this episode, as a joke to imply that the Docs Venture were the NEW Venture Brothers. I'm pretty sure it will go back to normal, now that the kids are back, and it seems that Jonas will be a "guest star" character like Pete White from now on. I, too, am a huge fan of the Season 1 opening, I love that piano-ey "googa gaggedy GOOGA de GAGGEDY GOOGA DE GAGGEDY!!!" noise in the collage part!!
Jun. 26, 2006, 7:11pm
  • by Arbit
  • (unregistered id: EDFD188E7E)
Reynolds, I felt the exact same way. It seemed too eager to shout 'it is a new season, look at all the character development that will make this season great'. I was a fan of the allusions, the slow introduction and maturation of characters in the last season. Not to judge things early...I really did enjoy it, but it just didn't have the spark that made almost every episode in season 1 so enjoyable. Shows should change with time, revelations should transpire, but pacing really is key. I would have enjoyed the episode a bit more if there had been a little more filler, to be honest.

Personally, I hope something happens in next few episodes that brings back the dynamics shared by the Venture family in season 1, such as the destruction of the means to create more clones of the boys. I don't think this will happen, since it is clear that the whole clone idea was planned from the first season (remember when the boys said that their dad never negotiated with terrorists for their lives in The Incredible Mr. Brisby? Yeah, it makes sense now..), but I can hope. I realize overanalyzing is the devil, but sometimes you just can't help it. I don't want to be nonchalant about whether the boys live or die.

Bleh, I'm probably just too picky or something.
Jun. 27, 2006, 3:49am
  • by bankrupt
  • (unregistered id: A8045D9A83)
The episode did contain a lot of story lines, but I thought the show was well paced overall. There weren't any last second wrap ups that I noticed. That much information means you probably have to watch the ep. more than once, but I pretty much do that anyways.

We'll have to wait for this week's episode to find out what the real opening for this season will be, but if Dr.O is in it, I'm not bothered by it. H.E.L.P.eR. was featured in the opening as well.
Jun. 27, 2006, 5:26am
  • by Froggie5
  • (unregistered id: E1C6B1EA47)
What was that at the end? Who was holding out their hand to the Monarch?
Jun. 26, 2006, 6:48pm
  • by Cione
That was Dr. Venture's other arm.
Jun. 26, 2006, 7:06pm
  • by Reynolds
  • (unregistered id: 771C2AC806)
That was the missing remaining third of Dr. Venture (remember how he thought his other third was in the bathroom, and then outdoors). Well, turns out he was right on both counts.
Jun. 26, 2006, 7:06pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Robvmw unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 3:11pm
  • Robjbm unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 2:08pm
  • Roblka unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 2:03pm
  • agrohimupv unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 4:11am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites