There's probably some other non-Venture stuff at SDCC, but I'll leave those schedules up to whoever else wants to make them. I don't even know what to do with that information, to be honest.
Update: Also a belated thanks to The Venture Home News for letting me know about the Entertainment Earth signing. I accidentally forgot to credit them for sending me that bit of news!
Additionally Entertainment Earth has a couple of convention exclusive Venture Bros. items that you can purchase at their booth (booth #2343):
- Bloody Black Shirt Brock 3 3/4" action figure - $14.99 - A variation on the many Brock figures that BifBangPow! has produced. This one has a black shirt and battle damage.
- Set of 6 Character Shot Glasses - $26.99 - Shot glasses with some of your favorites: Hank, Dean, Brock, Dr. Venture, The Monarch and Classic Dr. Girlfriend. If you have friends who love the show and also getting drunk, then this is for you. Or maybe you only want to drink a couple ounces of water at a time, I don't know.
The fifth annual [adult swim] panel block at Comic-Con will be kicked off with the cult-favorite series The Venture Bros. Co-creators Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer take the stage to discuss the upcoming sixth season of their original series and to answer fan questions.I'll have the full slate of Venture Bros. events and activities all in one place for you to peruse once all schedules are finalized. Until then, get your costumes ready!
THE VENTURE BROS. SPECIAL - Space. The final frontier, where no one can hear you scream, revenge is only served cold, and the drinks are comped in the casino. Join the Ventures—and pretty much everyone they’ve ever crossed paths with—as they rocket to the Gargantua-2 space station for an epic, hour-long adventure that will change the Ventureverse as we know it forever. Created and directed by Jackson Publick and written by Publick and Doc Hammer, both of whom also provide voices for the special, The Venture Bros. Special is being animated by Titmouse, Inc. The half-hour animated special premieres on Adult Swim later this year.No word on if the special is an hour or half hour, but either way, Venture Bros. on the way in 2014! Thanks to Papa Thorn and Adam for sending me the news.
This massive coffee table book includes original artwork, character designs, storyboards, painted backgrounds, and props from every episode of The Venture Bros. to date, with accompanying commentary on the development of the series from cocreators Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer!
Check out the earliest sketches of all your favorite Venture Bros. characters and the genesis of the ideas that became some of the show’s funniest episodes.
To top it off, comedian Patton Oswalt pens a very special foreword!
- PSNation has a nearly 10 minute video of a round table discussion Jackson and Doc had with various members of the press. Promises of season six, along with some good character discussions. Well worth watching!
- Kastor's Korner has a nice summary of a talk with Jackson and Doc along with 12 minutes of audio from the interview. Lots of insightful and interesting stuff in there, worth listening if you have the time!
- Short interview by Open The Fridge. Doc and Jackson provide some musical insight and, I guess if you ever wanted to see a guy wearing a Flash t-shirt and a sports coat interview Jackson and Doc then this is for you!