The Complete Season Four Blu-Ray

TVShowsOnDVD.com is reporting info on the upcoming Venture Bros. complete season four Blu-Ray. It's slated for release on March 22, 2011 and will be on two discs. Along with all sixteen episodes in HD and 5.1 surround sound you will get commentaries, deleted scenes and unbleeped curse words. Presumably all the extras on the volume 1 DVD will be present on this set as well. Suggested retail price will be $39.99. No word on the season four, volume two DVD just yet but that will likely have the same release date and all of the back eight episodes plus whatever extras go along with them.
  • by ZJS
  • (unregistered id: 53D65E3B41)
No artwork?

Lame.
Dec. 14, 2010, 5:26pm
  • by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: CBFF71351F)
Yea, looks like they're reusing the Volume 1 boxart which is disappointing. Hopefully Volume 2 will look different.
Dec. 15, 2010, 12:59pm
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: 8532AB84DC)
Hopefully they'll leave the black censor bars in place this time. I don't need to see everyone's junk again. Honestly I think it's more funny as a cartoon when you don't actually see it all.
Dec. 14, 2010, 6:14pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: DA1A2954DF)
I don't think they are removing those but how many censor bars have there been this season anyway? Like two or three maybe?

Also I am wondering about the Rusty Venture joke in Operation PROM... that seems like it won't be quite as funny without the bleeps.
Dec. 14, 2010, 6:56pm
  • (unregistered id: B7D02EEF34)
Yeah, hopefully they'll have a censored audio track available for that episode.
Dec. 14, 2010, 7:34pm
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 9F1235068D)
Agreed on the Rusty Venture joke, though I didn't personally find it super-funny anyway. Not that I found it offensive, it just wasn't that funny.

And Jackson already talked a bit about the censorship in a comment here on Mantis-Eye a while back. Nothing on the first DVD was uncensored--as you guys know--since J&D didn't see the point in re-rendering "Blood of the Father" and "Perchance to Dean" just for that. And I don't think there has been any junk at all to uncensor in the back half of the season.
Dec. 15, 2010, 1:17am
  • by Dr. Wife
  • (unregistered id: 5CBFCBD43F)
"No word on the season four, volume two DVD"

How can there be a Volume two if there is going to be a complete Blu-ray coming out?
Dec. 15, 2010, 12:06am
  • by Johnny Israel
  • (unregistered id: F0E3F55FF9)
Volume 2 for the DVD.
Dec. 15, 2010, 1:04am
  • (unregistered id: B7D02EEF34)
So here's the info on Volume 2:

Pretty much what we expected. Also, the cover art looks awesome.
Dec. 15, 2010, 5:46pm
  • by ZJS
  • (unregistered id: 53D65E3B41)
......lame.
Dec. 15, 2010, 6:02pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: DA1A2954DF)
Wow, you beat my Google alert by ten minutes.
Dec. 15, 2010, 6:21pm
  • (unregistered id: B7D02EEF34)
I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed of that.
Dec. 15, 2010, 7:23pm
  • by GrimGravy
  • (unregistered id: 38D6ECB1AE)
Oh noes!

............I call bite mark around the nipple.
Dec. 15, 2010, 6:43pm
  • by CadetteV
  • (unregistered id: 41F8289E8B)
I was thinking it might be updated w Doc's tattoos (since season one is pretty much him minus tats, plus hair, age spots, and maybe a pound or 2) but I like the bite mark, maybe a ripped out nipple ring, definitely some scratches...
Dec. 18, 2010, 12:19am