FIX IT!

• by David S. Mihocik
  • (unregistered id: B45F512460)
I really like the hour-long format, the finale, with the extra time, allowed the story to develop at a perfect pace. (add: Pulp inclusion was awesome!)

I'd love to see season five as maybe 6 or 8 hour long episodes, rather than 12 - 16 reg episodes. I recall Jackson and Doc mentioning that they often have to cut out a lot from each episode. Plus, only having to come up with 6 or 8 plots may reduce some of the burn out, and the different format might foster even extra creativity,

Go Team Venture!
Nov. 22, 2010, 11:18pm
  • by Mogo
  • (unregistered id: B50DB16F10)
Hmmm not a half bad Idea. And as seen with this they could fit way more into each episode.
Nov. 23, 2010, 8:53am
  • by CandyCorn
  • (unregistered id: AFAD038EFB)
I totally agree with this. Anytime they're allowed a longer period of time to do a story, it works out so much better. So many episodes in the past would've probably made more sense or felt better paced had they been allowed more time. I can't even imagine how badly done the finale would've been if AS would've turned their request down.

All that said though, I seriously doubt something like this would happen.
Nov. 23, 2010, 2:42pm
  • by JJ
  • (unregistered id: 33D9DF0DEB)
A slight nuance, but if they were given free reign to create longer stories I bet they would go with 2-part 30 min episodes instead of single hour long episodes. And I would not mind that at ALL.
Nov. 23, 2010, 4:42pm
  • by Hughesta
  • (unregistered id: 67D26292C9)
But, oh man, 12 Episode Season, each one an hour long.

And then the finale is a movie. 90 Minutes, two hour AS Timeslot.

my pants are moist.
Nov. 23, 2010, 4:56pm
  • by GrimGravy
  • (unregistered id: 38D6ECB1AE)
I would totally support a hop to "miniseries" format.
Nov. 23, 2010, 8:28pm
  • by Eric
  • (unregistered id: E0AA8D4824)
Yeah, I'd quite happily take half as many episodes if they were twice as long. It really made a hell of a difference. Wowsers.
Nov. 24, 2010, 9:21am
  • by Red Menace
  • (unregistered id: 26884AF14A)
Mike, Thanks for all of your hard work. I imagine things are going to be slow around here for a year or two. Looking forward to the dvd set next summer
Nov. 24, 2010, 12:13pm
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
Why do half of the things I post not post? Is there a bug with the site?
Nov. 24, 2010, 2:02pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: DA1A2954DF)
Are you posting a lot of URLs or something? are you browsing with javascript disabled? are you leaving the site open all night and then coming back to post in the morning? can you email me your posts that get rejected?
Nov. 24, 2010, 3:28pm