Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Thank god for the end to an increasingly crappy season.
Oct. 5, 2018, 9:01pm
  • by zombiejesus
  • (unregistered id: 6BD9A8E174)
No need for that beb.
It's okay that you didn't like it. A lot of others here did.
Oct. 5, 2018, 10:52pm
You should probably just find another show to watch if you thought that was crappy.
Oct. 6, 2018, 9:16pm
Could you repeat that beb?

We couldn't hear you over Your Mom screaming Brock's name.
Oct. 7, 2018, 1:07am
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No need to razz on those who see some things differently from the majority. I can sort of see where beb is coming from. I don't feel as strongly about it as them, but there were a few points in the latter half of the season I wasn't totally jiving on, but still not bad. Overall way better than most shows anyway. Such is the nature of entertainment media.
Oct. 8, 2018, 6:05pm
While one is entitled to an educated opinion, one is also not protected from suffering the obvious consequences of acting as a petulant child.
Oct. 9, 2018, 1:25am
How is beb calling it "an increasingly crappy season" being petulant? You don't have to agree with it, but there's no need to put someone down because you have a difference of opinion with them. Are you the appointed VB Opinion Guardian? Must everyone love it as much as you? (Oh, wait. This is the internet) I've been here since about a year after Mike started this site. This has always been more of a Fansite than a FanBoy Site. There's Reddit for that.
Oct. 9, 2018, 6:28pm
I expected there would some push back from that comment but I wasn't expecting to be told to (in effect) "drop dead and go away." Harsh man, really harsh.

Look, I've been a fan of VB since the first season. I have followed every season, bought most of the DVDs, and wrote a half-dozen fan-fics (which you can find at FanFiction.net. My handle is "beb") I have been invested with this series. But the last couple seasons just haven't thrilled me like they had before. And this year, which started out OK totally grossed me out with The Unicorn on Captivity. I felt like was gut-punched, much the way Captain V was gut-punched in the Forecast Manufacturer episode. That episode left such a pall over me that I could not enjoy any of the remaining episodes, often finding myself bored and wishing the episode would hurry-up and finish. And finally I found the whole Dean sleeps with Serena illogical. First because Dean has not been that bad a brother to Hank. Sleeping with Hank's girlfrieind seems like the kind of line Dean would not cross. The other thing is that saying Dean slept with Hank's girlfriend denies Serena any agency in the matter. She was the only who could consent to having sex with Dean. If anyone is at faultl here, it is Serena.

Finally, adding insult to injury, neither Barbarella or The Empire Strikes Back were great science fiction movies. They were OK but not great. Better SF movies were Forbidden Planet and "Star Wars" (aka A New Hope)
Oct. 15, 2018, 1:25am
A show like this was eventually bound to attract fanboys who tend to get all worked up when someone dares to criticize the show, or not totally adore it every bit as much as they do (how dare you). I'll bet they're mostly Jonny-Come-Latelys too who heard about it from a friend and now it's all hip to be a Venture fan. Also, just look at our current trumpified social climate. The prevailing "You're either 100% on OUR side or you're not one of US so we mock you" attitude.

While I wasn't down on season 7 as much as you I can at least respect where you are coming from and understand why not everyone might have thought it was a perfect season end to end. It is pretty hard to top the beginning 3 episode arc, but that was intended to be the true finale of last season. And while I was not put off by the, er, graphicness of Unicorn (more like surprised they finally went that far) I can understand why others might not have liked it.
Oct. 16, 2018, 7:14pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites