Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
Some Notes:

While this is arguably the most hilarious episode of the season, it's not my personal favorite. However, I just re-watched it and liked it much better.

Some jokes are extra hilarious to me; like Billy being a giant Pepsi can and especially Rusty being so genero...greedy with the donuts.

I loved St. Clouds version of the bubblegum line from "They Live" and yes, many shows use/parody it at some point.

The bathtub bit was gruesome, Doc is really good with that kind of stuff; Red Death's monologue from the second episode this season is another great example... and is also a riff on the famous monologue from Jaws.

Speaking of Jaws... it gets mentioned yet again. Doc sure loves himself some Jaws.

Unrelated, but I realized Hatred was getting stale to me b/c I'v really enjoyed him not being in the last two episodes. I think he works best as a character you only use when you need him, just like Dr. Orpheus. Or just use him for a joke about only cooking eggs w/ ketchup, you get what I mean. Both characters worked great, were funny and had crap to do in "Problem" and "Arrears" for example.

For whatever reason I feel Dr. Z is getting over used this season as well, he could use a little break too. To clarify I love Dr. Z and Hatred... just my opinion for this particular season.

Billy's Mom fighting St. Cloud is literally an idea I also had; probably an idea many, many people have had. But, very weirdly, the main difference is St. Cloud gets thrown out the window by Gentleman in my imaginary version. This was something I thought of back during VB6. So, to see him bust through the window and fight Gentleman and Rose... it was a tad surreal.

I wonder if Rose and Gentleman will become a couple while Rodney is in a coma? Maybe.

Anyway, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch feels off in this one, especially where she snaps at the end just b/c some OSI grunt named Kimberly didn't recognize her. Why would Dr. Mrs. even give a shit? Maybe it's foreshadowing that he job is already "getting" to her? If not... it was a very odd bit of characterization to say the least.

Brock and Doc's final lines at the very end were hilarious, poor absolutely pathetic Billy and White!

Athough they were much, much more nonchalant, everyone also seemed much more competent and realistic in "Maybe No Go", with regards to everything Quizboy vs. St. Cloud. While this episode made them all feel more incompetent than ever before. Perhaps, it was just b/c they were being mentored by idiots like Rusty and The Monarch? This is my weird complaint, and I know it's just my bizarre perception.
But this did feel like a step back with regards to their entire dynamic.

St. Cloud feels especially inept in this episode, I mean he actu..... PENIS!!!! PEENNIISSS!!!! PEEEEEEENNNNNNNIIIISSSSSS!!!!! PEEEEEEENNNNIIIISSSSSS!!!!!!

The Monarch's line about the X-2... interesting.

The way this particular episode starts feels extra abrupt to me, but... sooo many jokes got crammed into it, that I totally understand.

Quite a reference heavy episode.... a bit more notes to come later on.

(Part 1 of 2)
Sep. 8, 2018, 10:36pm
I think it's pretty funny how Billy has always dreamed of having his own costumed nemesis, and now that he has one, albeit one as pathetic as St. Cloud, he is terrified. He and White were practically pooping themselves over that Guild scroll and Doc tries to show them it's no big whoop.

Doc: (sarcastically) "Come in, Brock. We have a level 1 arching threat."
Brock: "So? What, do you want an aspirin or something?"
Sep. 9, 2018, 9:28am
  • by zombiejesus
  • (unregistered id: A54ED5DE77)
"The bathtub bit was gruesome, Doc is really good with that kind of stuff"

I mentioned in the Inamorata thread that "the bathtub" is a variation on this slowly-torture-to-death method, invented by those wily Persians:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism
Again, I warn you, it is really gruesome, and even worse than how Councilperson Dr. Mrs. describes. It could take 12-18 days.
Sep. 9, 2018, 11:12pm
Rose and the Col a couple? He don't swing that way matey...
Sep. 10, 2018, 5:24pm
  • by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
What? He swings all ways... but yeah, he definitely leans one way in particular.

He was married back in the day.

Basically, he'll have sex with anyone he deems beautiful.
Sep. 10, 2018, 7:38pm
"I thought I was your beard..!"
Sep. 10, 2018, 7:48pm
So you also noticed that Dr. Z was in a skirt at the end of his little makeover fantasy?
Sep. 10, 2018, 8:43pm
  • by gnormie
  • (unregistered id: BBA2637BD7)
He was married to Dr. Quymn's mother. So I always thought he was Bi.
Sep. 12, 2018, 10:53am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Veronadvg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 6:49am
  • Veronaevx unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 5:27am
  • Veronapea unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 2:30am
  • Veronatfg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 1:29am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites