Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
The big reveal at the end of this episode blew me away.

I really like how Helper is looking at the PROBLEM light in "Party for Tarzan" for one quick shot near the end of that episode. Great foreshadowing.

I never thought they'd actually bring THAT character back from the dead.

Bravisimo!
Aug. 6, 2018, 1:49am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Well, is he really dead though? Sort of a 'how measure a man' situation. The real question is why that song? I get that it has sort of a Thriller vibe but was he into that sort of stuff or what?
Aug. 6, 2018, 2:14am
  • by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
I just meant he was dead on paper. Dead to Rusty and everyone else and so on and whatever.

Obviously, still secretly alive as a head... in a pseudo-coma.

Anyway, I'm really excited for August 19th now... b/c all will be revealed in "Arrears in Science".
Aug. 6, 2018, 2:24am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Me too, if Comcast gets it back in time. I'm guessing if they continue with things, we're going to get a Max Headroom type of interaction.
Aug. 6, 2018, 2:33am
I'm curious to know how Kano killed Jones Sr to the point that all that was left of him was his head.
Aug. 6, 2018, 6:49am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
I personally doubt Kano was responsible for that. He said he killed 'a great man' and got silent when Brock asked him if he killed Jonas Sr. but they never confirmed that he did it. My guess is that Jonas Sr. was in the same plane crash that killed the original Blue Morpho. If Kano really was responsible for that, he wasn't always such a crackerjack pilot.
Aug. 6, 2018, 8:59pm
Kano did get silent and looked away as if he was ashamed of who he killed, which I do believe is Jonas Venture Sr. Of all the Orb related stories, we know that Brock backed off from killing Rusty over it, Sandow broke the Orb instead of breaking Colonel Venture's neck, but as for Kano and Jonas....I do believe he did it.

As for the Blue Morpho, due to events that take place in episode 2 of the new season I cannot comment without bringing up some spoilers....so that discussion will need to wait until it airs or probably after everything gets wrapped up in episode 3.

Still, I am curious as to how Jonas was killed that all that remained of him was his head.
Aug. 7, 2018, 7:01am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
My vote is still plane crash, even if it had nothing to do with the Blue Morpho revelation coming up next episode. He could have been badly burned from the neck down or gotten into a Brazilian soccer team situation with only the PROBLEM to keep his head alive.
Aug. 7, 2018, 4:52pm
Maybe the same way Deadpool tried to kill himself in the second movie, by blowing him up so that only his head was left. Alternately, Perhaps Jonas Sr committed Hari Kari and Kano, as his second was obligated to chop his head off.
Aug. 9, 2018, 10:56pm
Because when Bud Manstrong told the legend of Phantom Spaceman, it originated during a movie night where they showed Sharky's Machine on Gargantua-1.
Aug. 6, 2018, 9:29am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Yeah, but what about Sharky's Machine or that song set Jonas off in the PROBLEM? Was he a Burt Reynolds fan or into that kind of music?
Aug. 6, 2018, 9:03pm
I have to rewatch the episode to be sure, but I don't think the song itself "woke" Jonas or set anything off; rather, I took it to simply be part of the haunting. If the movie/song was playing at his time of death, it makes sense that if he wanted to communicate with his family/Team Venture, he'd use methods with an obvious associative impact (and indeed, as soon as Billy mentioned "Street Life," Col. Gentleman and Action Man knew exactly what was happening).

That said, I can't actually remember what, if anything, triggered Jonas/PROBLEM to become active again, so maybe I'm way off.
Aug. 7, 2018, 9:26am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
That brings up another question- how did they know "Street Life" meant the PROBLEM was active? Were they there for the original Phantom Spaceman movie night?
Aug. 7, 2018, 4:55pm
That's a good question. We still don't have a complete picture of who exactly was there and what precisely happened on Gargantua 1, but I have a feeling we're going to be getting some questions answered in S7E03. I have a hunch that members of the original Team Venture were all there, for reasons yet to be revealed.

If not, then another possible way to explain it is that, since whatever happened on movie night became something of a notorious incident --- within Rusty's social circle, anyway --- they could still know enough details to put two and two together. But I think some bombshells are gonna be dropped in episode 3 of this season.
Aug. 7, 2018, 10:34pm
  • by ChebGhobbi
  • (unregistered id: 9586715BEB)
Check out the film's soundtrack.
Aug. 7, 2018, 6:40am
Yep, caught that as well!!
Aug. 6, 2018, 8:55am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Evaxke unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 9:12am
  • Evazul unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 6:42am
  • Evagsv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 5:13am
  • Evaxiv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 2:51am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites