Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: BD4F09BE4B)
Random Final Observations:

- The opening is a direct parody of the original Saw film.

- This episodes production number was 607.

- The Morphomobile is covered in the blood of villains 21 presumably captured and locked away in the dungeon... bathroom.

- This episode scored a live broadcast rating of 0.952.

- An animation coloring error occurs where Hatred's nose is momentarily colored in the same as his face tattoo. This happens while everyone shows up at once.

- By the end of this episode Wide Wale is the only one left to murder on the Monarch's hit list, since Red Death has given the Monarch his blessing. Wide Wale also (secretly) wants the Monarch dead for the death of his brother. Dr. Mrs. also wants the Blue Morpho dead. The next episode hour-long episodic should prove very interesting.

- Also, I'd bet that one particular photograph, Vendata's whereabouts, the Blue Morpho's identity, Wide Wale's grief for his dead brother, and Hank's secret dating of Wale's daughter will all come into play heavily during the next hour-long epic.

- Clancy Brown provided the voice for Red Death. He is also famous for voice-over work as Mr. Krabs from Spongebob and Dr. Neo Cortex from the Crash Bandicoot gaming franchise.

- Hunter's civilian clothes are references to real clothes worn by the real Hunter S. Thompson. More or less it's his exact 'Fear and Loathing' outfit made even more famous by Depp in the film adaptation.

- It feels a bit odd when Dr. Mrs. guarantees the Ventures' safety after having just shot Rusty in the previous episode.

- Dr. Mrs. claims that Red Death is the most professional villain still in the game. And this is definitely supported by how easily he tracks down and threatens the Monarch. Also, he can vaporize people with one swipe of his scythe. He also instantly recognizes the Monarch in the park and probably suspects him of being the Blue Morpho since the park.

- Red Death mentions that marionette thing Monarch made for Rusty Venture. A clear reference to the season four episode, "Self-Medication", in which the Monarch briefly makes Rusty into a living marionette.

- ...terrible things!

- The Monarch makes a joke about Thanksgiving. I just found this interesting because this season took place in October (going by security cameras) and it was mentioned the next hour-long episode could possibly be made into a Thanksgiving special.

- 21 made spaghetti with extra dark sauce for supper. And poured purple kool aid for the beverages.

- I love the quick close-up shot of Rusty swirling his drink... seductively.

- It's extra funny in a really sad and pathetic way that Rusty hits on Dr. Mrs. after she (secretly) shot him last week.

- Glad to know Billy still thinks Rusty is... blue.

- Red Death's wife is named Kate, and she makes the best brownies! His daughter is named Laila... but I didn't spell it correctly.

- This is the only season finale episode not to feature the classic: The Venture Bros. Will Return! in the credits. Why this was not added in last minute... is beyond me. Devil's Grip was never meant to be a finale... but they retrofitted everything fine with that one. What gives?

- Obviously, Shore Leave would immediately take the boys out clubbing.

- Rusty dives in without thinking to save Scamp 3 from the prank grenade. This is extra sad when you remember the boys' dog was also named Scamp... until Rusty needed him for product testing and experimentations. Thus, poor skinless Scamp died. Rusty, once a dog saving hero... now a washed up dog killer. Ahh, character progression.

- The werewolf baby murder thing accidentally feels like a reference to Neon Joe.

- Phage as Helper... pure genius. Beep-beep beep beep.

- You have free Will!!! -- I'm sorry, but he needs me to feed on your butt!

- Red Death's mother-in-law is named Carol. The audience learns a ton about this new character if you pay attention. Hopefully, he'll make several reappearances.

- Red Death definitely sees a bit of himself in the Monarch and likes him. This basically saved the Monarch's life.

- Instead of being a dick and kicking everyone out... Rusty actually mixes drinks for everyone instead!

- He makes a good point... 21 should've told him about the spare 'saw' bathroom.

- Kimson "Maxilla Palps" Albert.

- The final beat is a direct illusion to a film.. but the name slips my mind at the moment.

- Where "Devil's Grip" accidentally worked very well as a season ender, this episode really felt like a penultimate before things REALLY get insane.

- Next season [AS] should order twelve production episodes, that way they can still make ten shows, but have the opening and closing episodes each run for one full hour, as is obviously intended by this point in the franchise.

That's it for now. The season is over. Until next time... stay V deep, my good Venturoos!
Mar. 27, 2016, 11:05pm
  • by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: BD4F09BE4B)
- Oh, and the characters in the pool change briefly from shot-to-shot when Rusty arrives on the scene.
Mar. 28, 2016, 12:07am
I figure the Scamps were likely clones but young Rusty didn't know that. Pretty heroic though. Adult Doc knew, hence the skinless camp. He knew that he could always make another one, until the cloning equipment got toasted.
Mar. 28, 2016, 6:23pm
Glad someone caught that Hunter was dressed as HST. And no way the werewolf bebe could be a Werewolf Joe, Neon HENUFF reference since it only just aired end of last year and S6 has been in production for a long while...but I see you working HENUFF!! ;)
Mar. 28, 2016, 7:45pm
I also wonder if Rusty's accident trying to save Scamp 3 was how he lost his first kidney.
Mar. 30, 2016, 9:05am
Nice work Cap (and interesting idea Doc X!).

One thing I just caught: Brock's shoulder holster holds his pistol muzzle-up. This is an unusual configuration, however Steve McQueen wore a similar holster in the movie _Bullitt_, which was custom-made for the film. Coincidence? I think not.
Mar. 30, 2016, 5:41pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm
  • Eldarqex unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:57am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites