Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: BD4F09BE4B)
Final Random Observations (Part 1 of 2):

- 'If you see something... slay something' is a parody of the homeland security slogan, and is only one letter different from the actual slogan.

- I died with laughter at the Monarch's lines about blowing his inheritance and wanting to look cool... and even though no one will see them... they'll still know how cool they looked leaping from a giant explosion.

- An animation coloring error occurs when Rusty's white neck-piece is incorrectly colored the same as his speedsuit when entering his new silver painted avant-garde living space.

- Kate McKinnon has voice acted in every single episode this year. In real life she is a proud, thin, blonde haired, attractive, lesbian woman. Why does that matter? B/c in this episode she plays a blonde, thin, attractive, little supervillain named Eenie-Meanie... who just so happens to be a fairy. Hmmm, I'll let that sink in for a bit. I can't decide if this was intentionally done or not.

- Scare Bear, Brick Frog, multiple reoccurring various villains and Donald Trump are all in attendance at the rave.

- Wes Warhammer's character is a direct reference to Andy Warhol and Lex Luthor.

- The sycophantic villains who cling to Warhammer are all direct character takeoffs of the Legion of Doom from the Justice League cartoon 'the Super Friends' from the '70s-'80s. Even the announcer voice Jackson does is from this specific cartoon series.

- The black and white film in the beginning is a reference to the an avant-garde film by Andy Warhol called Empire. It's basically just three hours of still footage of the Empire State Building.

- Rocco has seemingly forgiven Brock for the death of his co-workers previously in the season. I guess that book he and 21 both coincidentally read helped. One would also imagine that all the whale lice henchman have strength suits on. And thus, why Wide Wale only has 40 henchman as mentioned previously. It's all the minions he needs if they have strength suits on.

- Jackson is once again not listed in the credits for all the characters he played herein. For one example, Hard Candy went unlisted and he briefly voiced her.

- Kimson "Dead Dolphin Juice" Albert.

- Although the camera cuts away immediately for the joke to play, I bet Rusty popped a a 'Hank' when offered. A small nod to his past and previous pill popping.

- Brock has mutual respect for anyone who can keep up with him in a 'good' fight throughout the series. This occurs after his brawl with Rocco.

- The parody characters from the factory and the Legion of Doom work waaaay to geniusly when mashed together as Doom Factory!

- Dr. Mrs. is being surprising naive this season about the entire Blue Morpho crisis, especially after being darted in the ass point blank by the Monarch. Even if she's quite the farmer's daughter... why would she think Rusty darted her and the Monarch to merely stop their sexy fun. The Monarch darts everyone... ever. He's even darted her before. I smell a big twist coming b/c she's smarter than this season wants us to think.

- The line; "You're the boss, applesauce!" is from a film called Factory Girl. It's said by the depiction of Andy Warhol.

- The line; "Somebody gave me this telephone... I think it was Edie... yeah it was Edie... and she said I could talk to God with it, but uh... I don't have anything to say... so here." is from the Doors movie and was spoken by Andy Warhol. Warhammer repeats this line almost verbatim except he uses Eenie's name in the place of Edie. A subtle Doors esque music cue silently plays as this occurs.

- Dude! The the dialogue exchange and overall beat that occurs while the Monarch's life is in serious peril as he's stuck to Doom Factory's headquarters is very reminiscent of when 24 died. Dude!

- The video game Rusty and Hatred are playing appears to be Team Fortress 2. Team Fortress 2 previously featured V Bros. themed DLC content.

- Brock yet again goes after Hank while he's on a date to save him from danger, somewhat similar as to what happened while the boys had their BIG date in Victor Echo November.

- Warhammer's purple suit jacket, with its giant collar and all, is seemingly yet another direct Andy Warhol reference.

- Billy and White always get in on the outlandish character skits... I guess you could say... everybody comes to Hank's... need.

- The animation when the Monarch hits the dead dolphin was very well drawn and serviced the joke well b/c it was so violent and realistically quick. I laughed way too hard when I saw that.

- Brown Widow almost had to have seen Sirena or recognized her voice that whole time he was waiting to leap down... but seemingly doesn't until he glances over for her drink order.

- Hank wears a famous Michael Jackson outfit while out on his date.

- This kiss Hank and Sirena share mirrors mermaid comments and three day kiss comments spoken just previously on their date. It's also a reference to every Mermaid movie... umm, ever.

That's it for today, almost everything in this episode is a reference to something else.
I'll do part two later on, my good Venturoos.
Mar. 8, 2016, 7:51am
"Rocco has seemingly forgiven Brock for the death of his co-workers"
After all it's just business... You hench for a major super-villain, you have to expect to get killed.

"Dr. Mrs. is being surprising naive this season about the entire Blue Morpho crisis"
I think Dr Mrs has always looked the other way when it comes to her husband. But also you have to admit that her work rebuilding the Guild has taken all her time. She probably hasn't thought about her husband acting strange.

"Hank wears a famous Michael Jackson outfit while out on his date."
He also drives off the "mugger" with a Michael Jackson dance so the outfit fits.

The Black Maria costume looks very much like the Back Manta, Aquaman's evil half brother. Black Manta had two eyeholes while Blck Maria has three the shape and arrangement like a old style TV camera.

The speech Hank gives when he lists the things he believes in sounded too long and particular. It has to be a quote from some book or movie. If a movie I suspect "Bull Durham" but it's a long time since I watched that movie.

I had to laugh when at the end we see Hank and Sireena kissing and the camera pulls back to reveal Brock holding Hank in the air by his BVDs. I was so focused on that that I forgot how the Shrimpman was holding on to Sireena.
Mar. 8, 2016, 8:20pm
We have to remember this is a series dedicated to FAILURE. Everyone fails. Even Sheila. Though she seems the "brains of the operation" sometimes The Monarch[!--Ed.] has a better plan--like against Dr. Jonas Jr. to have an excuse to re-arch Rusy. Or recall how she screwed up the whole light idea against Captain Sunshine.

That is not a "knock" on Dr. Mrs. the "Whatever She Calls Herself These Days." Remember, she never figured out that Malcolm was actually the Shadowman "with the STARING!" She has her weaknesses.

But then Malcolm The Monarch[!--Ed.] asked her when she started smoking . . . so there you go.
Mar. 9, 2016, 5:30am
  • by The Blue Morpho
See, I think Sheila is actually very intelligent, but blind to the Monarch's shenanigans only in that she plays along with him, but fumbles him in such a way that he doesn't do real damage to himself. Like with the Captain Sunshine encounter, I think she wanted to let Monarch go through his scheme because he's going to anyway, but to prevent him from getting in real trouble or doing something too stupid, she purposely made him a Sunshine gun. CS wouldn't actually kill Monarch, and Monarch then wouldn't go through with something causing irreparable damage or that would get him sanctioned by the Guild. Malcolm is totally capable in his own right and accidentally brilliant at times. He needs that leash and someone to flub for him when he happens to not do it himself. I see it all as purposeful.
Mar. 9, 2016, 10:36am
Well, she seemed legitimately pissed when it backfired on her and she got re-sunburned at the end of the episode.

Part of the comedy of the show is the banal attitude to death--save a few over-the-top "WONDERBOY!!!" reactions.

Sheila does not bat an eye when The Monarch[!--Ed.] explains how he off-handedly torched Wonderboy when he was drunk after she left him. Her protests when he starts frying potential arches is because it is "against the rules" to just kill an arch. Wiping out random henchmen--their own and others?

"Meh!"

Anyways, CS will not kill The Monarch[!--Ed.] because CS still thinks he is invulnerable.
Mar. 11, 2016, 7:58am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm
  • Eldarqex unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:57am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites