Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: BD4F09BE4B)
First the sovereign dies and now the real Bowie has passed.

RIP Thin White Duke.
Jan. 11, 2016, 7:27pm
  • by Captain V
And it took me all these years to realize that Doc Hammer gets his hair styles from David Bowie. First Eric's hair was blonde and black (representing duality), but now it's completely bleach blonde (representing enlightenment).
Bowie wore his hair just like that too.
Jan. 11, 2016, 7:31pm
  • by Captain V
Also, I suspect Brock's mullet was subconsciously influenced by David Bowie's mullet... when he had one.
Jan. 11, 2016, 7:37pm
Some folks claim the mullet, like the early character of Brock, was based on Sid Vicious. I don't know much about him so I can't say for myself. It could be a combination of the two.
Jan. 11, 2016, 8:57pm
  • by Captain V
Well, Brock is based on Doc Savage (and Race Bannon)... but he definitely got the hairdo from somewhere else. He kinda wears his hair like several celebs did in the 80s. The show is so eclectic and dense... I feel everything Eric and Chris love has been rolled into one. Like, it's all combined in this beautiful poetic way that most people can't seem to understand or even begin to see. The little cable show transcends it's medium... it's pure art.

Thank You So Much Jackson and Doc.

Thank You So Much David Bowie.

It's real artists like these that the world needs more of.
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:59pm
Yes, Doc's NATURAL hair color (blonde & black) was based one of Bowie's looks.

*rolls eyes at you*
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:36pm
  • by Captain V
He claims constantly that it's totally natural and it has been like that since childhood, especially since he was mocked for it often when he was becoming famous fifteen years ago. But he has also coyly insinuated that it's all a big ruse.
Doc loves to fuck with people. I know he's gotten very serious about it before and claimed it's totally 100% real. But c'mon... It's Doc Hammer.

Show me some of his baby pictures... then I'll believe it.
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:43pm
Yes, he's been faking his vitiligo for decades. You uncovered Doc's lifelong ruse! Great job!
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:51pm
  • by Captain V
Calm down V brother. I just meant he makes me question it. I know there is a picture of him as a teen with that hairdo. He might just have slight pigment issues and dyes according.

Most people get uneven white spots of hair with the disorder, his is damn uniform.

I just mean that I've heard him talk so much about it... that he obviously enjoys the mystery.

Regardless, he literally has the coolest vitiligo I've ever seen. Because it is usually very splotchy and dying often can't fix the issues with pigment.

I'd be happy as fuck if I had his hairdo! I have alopecia!!!!!
Jan. 12, 2016, 12:09am
  • by Captain V
Doc also has Meniere's disease. Which is why he doesn't fly, and I'm quite familiar with that as well.

Look, Doc Hammer is a fucking god... that's my final word.
Jan. 12, 2016, 12:15am
Don't forget that episode aired almost a year ago (damn, has it been THAT long already? sighhhh.....) and they probably wrote it a year or so before that. But yeah, still.
Jan. 11, 2016, 8:55pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarqex unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:57am
  • Eldarkhb unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:39am
  • Eldaresr unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:58am
  • Eldarlst unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 12:16am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites