Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by ChebGhobbi
  • (unregistered id: 688F541D81)
(dons dirty mac, inserts glass eye)

One more thing...

Something I found quite touching about this episode was that JJ, for all his bluster and all his success, actually felt in the end like he lost to Rusty. I've hated the way many fans will just say 'the show is about failure' and leave that as an explanation for the things that happen in it, and from what I've read from Jackson and Doc it's a bit of an albatross for them too.

The last couple of seasons, we've seen over and over how, despite everyone on the show being a failure and a mess to some degree, they can all succeed in their own right - think Dean coming out of his shell, Hank finally admitting that Hatred is part of the family...and now Doc getting the justification from the brother, whose shadow he spent the last X years in, that he beat him, in his own faily way.

I'm struggling to put into words what I'm trying to say here, really. There was just something terribly satisfactory about the way the Venture family dynamic changed in this episode.

Maybe it's each character's slow realisation that they don't have to live in the box that they've been put in - Rusty can be a father, and doesn't have to be a swashbuckling superscientist adventurer (remember his brief conversation with Dean at the end of The Better Man?), Hatred can explore his nurturing side rather than being a supervillain (he obviously loves being a parental figure, and got a kick out of being a cook in Everybody Comes to Hank's). Or maybe not, because that doesn't apply to so many of the characters - it looks like Dean may be quite the boy adventurer, future scientist after all.
Jan. 20, 2015, 3:35pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Veronakyd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 8:02pm
  • Veronagis unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 9:31am
  • Veronadvg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 6:49am
  • Veronaevx unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 5:27am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites