Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Hungry Hippo
  • (unregistered id: B46DDD1FCA)
It's funny. Last season's DVD commentary ended with Doc/Jason commenting on how Dean gets shat on all the time and implied this season would be different. But taking the entire season as a whole, Dean got REALLY shat on this season. He finds out he's a clone. He finds a girl that likes him only to get their memories wiped. His faux-mom who he was trying to connect with ended up trying to rebirth him. His future plans fall apart. He gets shackled with an insane Sean Connery while Hank gets $50 and a new base. And at the very end, after struggling with the truth for a year, he tells Hank he's a clone too and the guy doesn't care one bit.

By season 8 Dean's going to go on a shooting spree if this keeps up.
Jul. 22, 2013, 7:45pm
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
On the other hand, Dean was given the time to think through his issues, realise he couldn't come to terms with them, then be offered a fresh perspective, one he hadn't even considered. If he's wise, he'll understand that. Hank's attitude could be just what Dean needs.

I got the impression last season that Dean wanted to be a fireman, though. All those 'up in smoke', 'dreams salvaged from ashes' puns. It never seemed to go anywhere.

Did anyone else take that away from BL,DC?
Jul. 22, 2013, 7:56pm
Hahahahaha. You're totally right. I think the guys have been trying to pump up Hank's popularity since season three, and maybe it's tipped too much in the opposite direction. It's time for Dean to have his day, I think.
Jul. 22, 2013, 8:26pm
On the plus side Dean is a far more bearable character to me. I felt like he was in weird character development stasis in season three and especially season four. There were practically no changes to his usual boy adventurer/bad with girls/soft spoken schtick that was there almost from the start of season one. I actually really liked him in season five. Usually sulking characters can be annoying in a different kind of way, but I feel like his reasons for doing so were justified and I liked that he just went "fuck this shit" to his entire life. It's a nice foil to Hank, who wholly embraces how absurd his life is.
Jul. 22, 2013, 8:55pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Veronadvg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 6:49am
  • Veronaevx unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 5:27am
  • Veronapea unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 2:30am
  • Veronatfg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 1:29am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites