Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Dr. Henry Killinger (AND his Magic Murder Bag) look kinda weak in his one scene cameo. Now that we can take that previous storyboard as canon, it doesn't seem like he came to The Revenge Society to lift them above obscurity (like he did with Dr. Venture), but to join them. I'm kinda sad to see Dr. Henry Killinger's peer respect is much lower than below that of Dr. Phineas Phage. I would have expected quite the opposite.
Jul. 15, 2013, 5:06pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Eh, he made the popcorn- total coach move. And what does he care what others think of him? His power is so great, no villain could really be considered his peer.
Jul. 15, 2013, 5:16pm
  • by Blixa Barfgold & Homeless Travel Pillow Patsy
  • (unregistered id: D64EF29795)
Killinger is a hired consultant to failing companies, right? Isn't that his m.o.? Will conspire to kill any group for bucks. Like Kissinger working for the US, Saudis, everyone is right, bank is the rule, no morals, above the law, etc.
Jul. 15, 2013, 5:17pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
  • (unregistered id: 720B93D9CA)
Hardyworld meant the animation of Dr. Killineger was off in that they left his mouth white, instead of colored in black; and some other error was on the magic murder bag.

I've noticed more animation errors this season than any other.

C'est la vie.
Jul. 15, 2013, 6:25pm
Really? I haven't noticed that many, but I generally pay more attention to the backgrounds and prop designs, which have been great. I did notice in last week's episode a lot of mistakes in the scene where Hank and Dermott talk by the fountain. Hank goes from sitting on the top step to the middle step to the stop step . . . . Oh, and I noticed Billy's eye-patch pop on and off during the dream St. Cloud/Kraken sequence in "Spanakopita." Other than that, I don't remember any.
Jul. 15, 2013, 6:40pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
There have been quite a few this season. Just lots of little boo-boos.
Hatred's gloves popping off between shots, soda's going from half full to full between shots, and so on.

All go back through the episodes once all have aired and compile a list of boo-boos if you'd like.

All Jackson said dream sequences are non-canon so animation errors don't apply, this means Billy's eye patch was not wrong b/c it was dream.
Cool, huh?
Jul. 15, 2013, 9:07pm
By all means, go back through and make a complete list. One of my favorite past-times is picking out time-based errors in TV shows and movies (e.g., in a story set in the 60s, a character uses a slang expressions that wasn't used until the 90s). I'm sure I'd get a perverse sense of pleasure at knowing the little animation flaws!

And I like Jackson's non-canon argument. As the show's director, I'm sure it helps save time and preserve his sanity!
Jul. 15, 2013, 11:46pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
Somehow I used 'all' twice by accident.

Oh, well.

Errors happen, even in animation.. and writing.
Jul. 16, 2013, 3:18am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: AEB42E969E)
From time to time this season the characters have been a little iffy when seen from a distance or in full figure; like in the profile of Doc right before the disco ball hits him, or yes, when Killinger walks into the room (just off the top of my head.) Those are pretty minor details, though, and while this season it has been relatively easy to nitpick, I would say that overall the show looks the best it ever has.

There have been individual highs and lows throughout the seasons (like Return to Malice from season 4.1, which had killer expressions and gesture drawings,) but this season's compositions, color and character designs have really made a great impression on me. O.S.I. Love You especially was really visually stunning for TV animation.
Jul. 15, 2013, 9:10pm
That's been my impression, too. I've loved the character, vehicle, and background designs this season. I've noticed, too, that vehicle movements have been almost entirely computer generated, making for smoother, more lifelike movement. In last week's episode, for example, Hatred's hover-tank and Jeep moved flawlessly. In past seasons, it seems that vehicle animation was completely random, with some being 3-D (and therefore impressive) and some looking as if it had been animated by a high school art student!
Jul. 15, 2013, 11:52pm
  • by doctor benture
  • (unregistered id: B004A52D7D)
totally. the cg and the hand drawn splicing is pretty flawless. it's practically as good as Futurama at this point.
Jul. 16, 2013, 1:14am
  • by Captain V Bro.
I agree on that, I enjoy it and think it blends well!
Also cars and stuff actually look good in CG.
Jul. 17, 2013, 1:06am
Yeah, Jackson and Doc have to be happy with the improvement. I know they were disappointed with the animation of cars and whatnot in the past.
Jul. 17, 2013, 10:41am
  • by Captain V Bro.
Actually...when I went back and looked.. he had no magic murder bag with him.
Just the popcorn.
Jul. 16, 2013, 3:20am
  • by Captain V Bro.
I think it's more fucked up it appears as though the Monarch's dad died (again) while his son was right there, unknown to him or the Monarch!

Then Dr. Venture got crushed to death in front of Malcolm, while his cyborg dad dies (again) 20 feet away... entirely unbeknownst to all.
Jul. 15, 2013, 6:29pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm
  • Eldarqex unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:57am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites