Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
Oh, so O.S.I. weren't the ones to kill Boggles. I'm betting it was the Investors - as Brock said it's too convenient that the guy to die happens to be the one guy Monstroso fingered.
Jul. 15, 2013, 12:22pm
Yeah, now it pretty must has to be the Investors. Do they work directly for the Sovereign, cleaning things up to preserve the Guild's secrets? Maybe we'll find out a bit more about them this week.
Jul. 15, 2013, 12:58pm
  • by Ghobbi
I have a feeling they are actually enemies of the Guild, and that their purpose in infiltrating O.S.I. was to steal information on the Guild. Although they could have just got it from Monstroso...unless they intentionally allowed Monstroso to think they were on his side so that they could make him give up the information to O.S.I...

But you could be right - they killed Monstroso because he gave away information on the Sovereign, the Clue Clown and the Council, and once the Clue Clown's identity was known he had to be gotten rid of...

I'm starting to warm to the Sovereign not being Bowie thing too...I never really liked the Big Bopper/Buddy Holly thing (especially as Red Mantle and Dragoon look and sound nothing like them). I did wonder at one point whether Vendata was actually Richie Valens - he was the only Councilman to try to come to Red and Dragoon's aid when they were attacked.

Could it be that the 'washed-up rock stars' thing is a cover story? I could totally imagine an evil mastermind having his henchmen take plastic surgery to look like Iggy Pop and Klaus Nomi in order to add credence to his David Bowie disguise. Plus Red and Dragoon got the date of the Winter Dance wrong, although Red's age did match up with Holly's at the time the episode was aired.
Jul. 15, 2013, 1:22pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Yeah, I suspect them to be working with Killenger and the Revenge Society.

On a separate note, is it too out there to suspect that Monstroso is actually the shape-shifter Sovereign or at least one of his personalities? Considering he thought the Councilmen didn't know each other's identities and neither did the Sovereign in this episode, I'm thinking the Bowie form is for public appearances and the Monstroso form is for business purposes. Also, it'd be a good way for Monstroso to survive the fall- just transform into the hawk and fly away inconspiciously. Also, the title of next week's episode, The Devil's Grip, somehow makes me think Monstroso's involved.
Jul. 15, 2013, 4:35pm
  • by Ghobbi
That may explain why Brock seemed to indicate that Monstroso was present at The Monarch's wedding but we never saw him. He'd be a tough guy to miss.
Jul. 15, 2013, 4:49pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Oh yeah, with the Snapple Facts. Good catch.
Jul. 15, 2013, 5:10pm
  • by Ghobbi
Blimey...king of the double-cross indeed, eh?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagnificentBastard
Jul. 15, 2013, 5:33pm
  • by beb off-site
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
Everything in the Venturverse is silly - the Guild, OSI, the Ventures themselves - except the Investors. Their ability to walk through walls gives them an almost unbeatable power while their motives and loyalties are completely unknown.

Monstroso knew (knows?) something about them since he traded with them for a heart. What he traded we don't know. But when he was captured he became a threat to the Investor's secrecy so he had to go. I think it's fair to assume that the Investors killed the Clue Clown. But why? Where they protecting Guild secrets from OSI or did they klll him because he was the one member of the Council that they knew about - having heard Monstroso's confession? It makes more sense to me that the Investors are enemies of the Guild then a branch of it. But until we know more about them... who knows.
Jul. 16, 2013, 8:56am
  • by Great Lincoln's Ghost
Yeah, I think they're just using the guild for their own means and have no real loyalty to it. They protect the guild as much as it helps them, but when the guild is no longer of use to them? That could be interesting.
Jul. 16, 2013, 1:21pm
  • by Capatin V Bro,
  • (unregistered id: 720B93D9CA)
True, everyone in this show is a goof.

Except for a few badass characters like the Investors, and perhaps the Sovereign.
Jul. 16, 2013, 3:38pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
That guy in the bear suit in Bright Lights, Dean City was about as ungoofy as you can get.
Jul. 16, 2013, 8:52pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
  • (unregistered id: 720B93D9CA)
Yes, and him.. he's pure terror.
Jul. 17, 2013, 1:07am
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 72214D70D7)
There's always the possibility that the Clue Clown was killed by The Revenge Society, as well...
Jul. 17, 2013, 4:37am
  • by gnormie
  • (unregistered id: 23FC056D27)
I think it was the Revenge Society. Boggles was killed to put Phineas Phage on the council. Phineas Phage being on the council is how they now have surveillance of the chamber sub-rosa (the room with the monitors).

The Revenge Society made it look like a heart attack but O.S.I suspects it was the Guild who killed Boggles. The Guild thinks it was O.S.I.
Jul. 17, 2013, 10:22am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am
  • Julibql unlocked One Year Later Apr. 23, 2024, 10:57am
  • Veronakyd unlocked One Year Later Apr. 22, 2024, 8:02pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites