Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Loved every minute of it!

I totally called that Hunter would hire Molotov, and that 'precogs' are in the episode. Who knows how long O.S.I. will remain the highest payer. The investors seem very loyal to the Guild, killing Monstroso to protect them. Learning Bowie isn't the Sovereign is cool. Hank's muscles atrophying was GREAT.

I have GOT to watch this one again immediately (on my DVR)!!!!
Jul. 1, 2013, 12:33am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Not sure the Investors even are Guild though, at this point- they seem to have some sort of darker purpose.
Jul. 1, 2013, 12:36am
Yeah. They seem to make deals. Trades. And they come to collect. Monstroso received the heart from King Gorilla--who traded freedom for it. Monstroso never really indicated what he paid for his heart--perhaps he still "owed."

Perhaps Doc and Jackson do not know what to do with them yet!

Nice explanation of the "You killed my father!" "After you killed my partner" story. Still waiting on the eye. . . .
Jul. 1, 2013, 12:42am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Though a great use of the eye- hiding a tranq dart in the empty socket.
Jul. 1, 2013, 1:00am
In Pomp and Circuitry they are on the stage when Dr. impossible gets there and are referred to as "our friends from General Consolidated Insurance", so I'm pretty sure they are the Guild.. Possibly their right hand men.. It would make sense for them to infiltrate the guild now that their sole mission is to take down the guild.
Jul. 1, 2013, 5:05am
  • by Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
Wasn't the explanation that Monstroso gave them access to Guild monies? Maybe they decided to bump him off because he was no more use to them. Or maybe they saved him off-camera to use him again.
Jul. 1, 2013, 12:35pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
He's a big guy, and there are tons of ways he could survive- Impossi-Car pickup (which would mean a new Revenge Society member), a giant mattress (why not), tractor beam (from Gargantua-2 or whomever). The point is, I want to see a broken and bleeding body before we count Monstroso out.
Jul. 1, 2013, 10:16pm
could be the upcoming funeral
Jul. 3, 2013, 7:25pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
They could just be using the Guild as a front. They've probably impersonated Guild officers as well, and there's so many secret societies/leaders in the Guild that nobody questions it.
Jul. 1, 2013, 10:18pm
If you asked me, I would have hated the idea of the Sovereign not actually being Bowie.

But the shapeshifter idea combined with the sudden treatment of that idea being as ridiculous as it was, is hilarious.
Jul. 1, 2013, 12:43am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
That means that Bowie's got some connection to the Sovereign, though. He may even be one of the 13, which now that I think of it, leaves many questions. Who picks council members? How do they know when to meet via telescreen? Is there an order of seniority, in case of abstention in voting? Probably get some of those answed in Bot Seeks Bot.
Jul. 1, 2013, 12:49am
Just re-watched. Didn't find anything new, but I DO wonder what will come of all the O.S.I. secret files that The Investors have stolen. At least The Investors think Molotov is dead.
Jul. 1, 2013, 12:59am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Nah, they know too much to believe any of that. They probably just wanted to see what everyone was going to say, make sure no sensitive info gets released.
Jul. 1, 2013, 1:02am
Oh I agree that that was priority #1. It's the secondary stuff I'm talking about.
Jul. 1, 2013, 9:07am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
I doubt the files are of much use to them- they knew everything that happened because they were there. It just looks more official to take papers with you when you leave a debriefing. Hunter probably gave the real Misters a copy of everything as well.
Jul. 1, 2013, 10:21pm
Thoooooouuuuuggggghhhh . . . if the Sovereign is not really Bowie . . . then why would he make Watch and Ward contact Iman when he went out in search of Phantom Limb?

Perhaps there is a problem with having Bowie as a "real character." Say if someone wants to make a "Sovereign Doll" . . . sorry . . . "Action Figure." Well, technically, it is Bowie and "his people" may not grant permission.

Probably over-thinking this.
Jul. 1, 2013, 1:52am
Maybe he lives with the real Bowie, or had plans with him? After all it sounded like Bowie's fond of him, whomever he is, putting him on the covers of Diamond Dogs and Pin Ups. So I guess they have some kind of actual business relationship, and are probably in touch regularly.

And now I'm over-thinking this too.
Jul. 1, 2013, 10:13am
  • by Great Lincoln's Ghost
That's along the line I was thinking too, maybe the Sovereign and Bowie just share a life, or perhaps the Sovereign replaced the real Bowie at some point in the past.
Jul. 8, 2013, 6:34pm
  • by beb off-site
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
Since the file and debriefing they gave Mr. Frost, etc was designed to blow smoke in the eyes of Washington, I doubt that the Investors got much of any OSI secrets/
Jul. 1, 2013, 12:02pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Jaowela unlocked One Year Later Mar. 27, 2024, 1:40pm
  • Antoniohkl unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 11:49pm
  • Antoniogux unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 7:14pm
  • Antonioonk unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 10:53am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites