Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Noah
  • (unregistered id: 2541DC3DFA)
I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere else, but I didn't see it. Mol, as the masked rookie, is a total reference to Leia in Return of the Jedi, disguised as the bounty hunter, Boushh, to rescue her unconscious lover Han from Jabba's clutches, similar to Monstroso's state. Except Han was in carbonite, and Monstroso was just drugged...Either way, they both would weigh a ton. Leia's costume: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/29754/898677-leia_boushh_still_super.jpg
Dec. 4, 2010, 12:50pm
  • by Jay
  • (unregistered id: DA4785F073)
Good call Noah. I was mad at myself for not recognizing "the rookie's" outfit as a nod to Leia's when we first saw it in Pomp and Circuitry.
Dec. 4, 2010, 11:08pm
  • by Rob
  • (unregistered id: 1FCDEE4E1D)
I wonder, was it Mol in the rookie costume the whole time, back in Any Which Way But Zeus, or has she killed and replaced a genuine SPHINX rookie between the two episodes? Not that it matters much I suppose.
Jan. 9, 2011, 1:21pm
  • by Noah
Good point. I would conjecture that if it wasn't Mol right from the get-go, that she got some dope planted in there herself, so she could soon after kill and replace him. She is a dedicated, merciless mercenary. I am also still convinced that neither she nor Monstroso is dead. And which Monstroso is real? Seems like we are led to believe that Hunter thought the one he took with him to OSI hover quarters was real, but it was actually filled with OSI/SPHINX guys, and the Shore Leave/Molotov body was actually the big man?

On an OT sidenote, whatever happened with the book "Flight of the Monarch"? Shouldn't 21 be getting royalties or some heavy compensation from that?
Jan. 9, 2011, 3:18pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 4E765A0333)
I'm still not convinced Mol had the real Monstroso either. As for FOTM, they probably got a one-time payment and spent it on collectibles. Gary doesn't seem to be a very business-savvy individual.
Jan. 9, 2011, 6:27pm
  • by Rob
  • (unregistered id: 1FCDEE4E1D)
Gotta feel sorry for Monstroso. He's appeared i three episodes, and in every single one of them he has ostensibly been killed (or is about to be) by the end. Great character; he needs to survive. Mol I'm not bothered about; she's one of the few characters on the show that I've never, ever warmed to.
Jan. 10, 2011, 4:46pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
I don't know. Scott Hall's been in a similar situation and I feel no affection for him. I suppose it'd be nice to see him in the right story. Mol, I think, would fit into almost any story they could write.
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:15pm
  • by Noah
I feel that, too, however, Scott Hall was an uptight guy who cared deeply about, and was skilled at, his job, but was pushed over the line, attacked by Brock, and subsequently snapped, becoming all evil and vengeful. Monstroso is evil, but has a lot of character and conviction where Scott is extremely boring. Monstroso is interesting and has a lot that can be done with his story. He is an integral part of the web, in regard to the OSI, SPHINX, both sides of GCI, Black Hearts, and also, Billy. That is a lot of clout that man has. Scott is a one-off who returned as a one-off, possibly to show up again with Revenge Society, maybe, or something of that sort, but probably nothing more.
Jan. 10, 2011, 5:32pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
The problem with Mol being the rookie all along is that Hunter vouched for him/her in Pomp and Circuitry so that'd mean he'd have been in on Mol's plan. Not that that's out of character for him, but it adds another layer to the events of 4.2.
Jan. 9, 2011, 6:33pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julivvh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 10:32am
  • Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am
  • Julibql unlocked One Year Later Apr. 23, 2024, 10:57am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites