Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Azure
  • (unregistered id: 88F5584F1D)
Ahem. Let me try again.

Dr. Mrs, what is her deal? She's a tightly closed book of lies and pictures of also lies. We know nothing about her save her first name. Her moments with Gary in AS seemed to be the most honest and definitely the most open we've ever seen her. But as of this episode it seems like it was all for nothing. Has she totally resigned herself to this life?

The Monarch thought he was in a threesome and she was in no rush to correct him. Obviously it would've gone badly, but it stung to see her let Gary down like that. Not in a romantic way as much as like his idealized version of her was shattered. Is that really who she is? Is she really just a bad person? She seems to have a conscience, sometimes. Who knows. Does anyone in the series really know Dr. Girlfriend, other than Dr. Girlfriend?

Talk amongst yourselves.
Nov. 23, 2010, 10:15pm
  • by Pecktacular
  • (unregistered id: A5F7DB1C9C)
I prefer the formatting in comment 359 to 361, since this in a message board and not a freaking resume.
Nov. 23, 2010, 11:48pm
  • by Azure
  • (unregistered id: 88F5584F1D)
The formatting is exactly the same (it's copy/pasted for heaven's sake) it's just not weirdly double posted in the same post. So I srsly have no idea what that means. *shrug*
Nov. 23, 2010, 11:55pm
  • by Dave
  • (unregistered id: 3ED8B1FC20)
yeah, Dr. Girlfriend is a strange character: she lets Phantom Limb and / or The Monarch boss her around, always tries to break free only to fall back into the same dependency of a "number 1". Dr. Mrs. The Monrach ... what about Sheila? What about Lady AuPair?!

I'm trying to get my my g/f like VB and she said the same thing: Sheila is an awesome character, why does she alway have to be someone's girlfriend, number two, wife or queen? she could totally make her own way ... bestter than theMonrach, better than Phantom Limb, but she never does. why?
Nov. 24, 2010, 12:09pm
  • by beb
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
I've got a sister-in-law who keeps marrying the same kind of asshole. She never sees them as the assholes, although the rest of her family can. I think Sheila's the same way. She's looking for a father figure she can support and admire, nev er realizing that the men she's attracted to are the kind of men who use and abuse her. As for numbering Oneing instead of number twoing, I imagine she lacks the self-confidence to pull it off or worse, the vision to make it happen. In the Sea-Cow episode she talks about The Monarch having more hatred in one little figure than other people have in their whole bodies, or something like that. She's obviously attracted by that kind of fire but she herself has never shown any kind of intensity like that.
Nov. 24, 2010, 12:41pm
  • by Mogo
  • (unregistered id: DAB49CBA9F)
Nice, that fits her, now for the monarch:
I think that his anger stems from not knowing his dad. His hate for doctor venture, as i've figured it probably had a reason long ago but has turned into pure hate. He sees venture for nothing but a slime incrusted nightmare of a failure douche, as well as his greatest enemy. And that's how i've finally figured out this season:Last season he didn't have venture and his obsession hurt his career. This year he has it back but has become more and more obsessed with venture and paranoid. He was fine with the notion that his right hand was fucking his wife but lost it whenever he thought he was making a play for venture. The Monarch is starting to let his job envelope his wife and thus he's treating Sheila and 21 like crap. The monarchs starting to become the heartless monster he tries to act like, and is starting to even try to subvert the guild whenever the hell he wants to. The monarchs become what he always wanted and Sheila's too much of a doormat.
Oh and as for dr.girlfreind/sheila, I saw a theory in that link mike sent that Bowie was sheilas father and that fits this too:Being the secret child of a rockstar/supervillan leaves little daddy time. She would obvilously be attracted to the type of men like that. I'm not saying the soverigns a bad guy but since the point of the show is to show how bad this type of life affects people.......
Nov. 24, 2010, 11:53pm
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: A2DE3BCD74)
My theory--which is mine--is that Rusty snickered during one of Malcolm's readings in their creative writing class. There is a reference to it in Past Tense in that Rusty laughs about a classmate with "eyebrows" who writes "way too" detailed stories about butterflies.
Dec. 1, 2010, 3:36am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm
  • Eldarqex unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:57am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites