Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
They asked Jackson and Doc if they had written the 5th season premiere, and they corrected the interviewer that they usually start writing the middle episodes first and then write the premiere later.......does that mean they've already begun writing next season without a contract??

I just hope they truly want to make more VB....because if they do, someone will buy it....even if [as] can't afford it anymore (which I would find unlikely).
Nov. 2, 2010, 2:16pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: DA1A2954DF)
No they were just saying that traditionally they write half the season first (say, episodes 2 - 6 or something) and then they write the premiere. If you look at the production numbers, for example, Shadowman 9 is #32 but the previous season's finale (Cremation Creek II) is #26. They wrote five episodes of season three before writing the premiere of season three (this is also part of the reason for the delay between seasons). The interviewer was I think just trying to get them to leak what they are working on, which at the moment I think is nothing (this season's finale should be wrapped up by now).

As far as another network carrying the show, I doubt that would ever happen. It's pretty rare for shows to jump networks at all, and I don't know if Turner would even consider selling it. They own the full rights to the show, by the way, not Jackson & Doc (as far as I know).

For upcoming content it seems like they really do want to make more, but since it's essentially a two-man operation they are both super overworked and I think they just want to take some time off. Jackson also stated that AS is interested in more of the show, so I don't think there will be any issues as far as getting everyone onboard, just a matter of when it happens.
Nov. 2, 2010, 2:28pm
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
I was just trying to read in between the lines of their response to the question was all....I know they generally write standalone midseason episodes first (the production numbers usually give that away).

A company doesn't have to own the rights of the show to pick it up. Scrubs was produced by ABC but aired on NBC (until the last season). Futurama is still produced by 20th Century Fox, but airs on Comedy Central. If the interest is there....another station could pick up the broadcasting rights (Comedy Central and FX being the likely culprits). I'm just saying you can't rule it out.

I'm still holding out for June of 2012 for Season 5 to start!
Nov. 2, 2010, 5:36pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 30BF86C461)
Well the difference for Scrubs is that's made by ABC Studios (formerly Touchtone Television) which does make shows that aren't on ABC (though most of them are) and is separate from ABC the station. And Futurama is something Fox doesn't really want to devote airtime to but they recognize that there's still a significant audience so they have funded stuff like the DVD movies and the new series (with help from Comedy Central). So I guess I should say it's unusual for shows to jump but it does happen.

Anyway yes, I want them to confirm a new season too :(
Nov. 2, 2010, 10:44pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites