Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Roscoe
  • (unregistered id: EBD462A77A)
I finally got to watch this episode online last night. I can't even begin to explain how disapointed I am in Doc and Jackson, on their decision to make the Charger Electric.
Congradulations D&J on figuring out how to completely strip Brock of his manliness.

Further, I've always been such a fan of the fact that Venture bros. never took sides on political points. I'm apretty disapointed that they made a "Go-Green" reference.
Venture always just seemed like it was of a higher calibur of show than that.
I guess with last season's "Hatred's silly-putty scrotum" joke and this season's go green, I suppose every season gets to have one Family Guy type of moment.
Nov. 1, 2010, 3:10pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 30BF86C461)
Well I think that's a weird thing to get angry about (the fact remains an all electric engine is more 'green' than a regular gas one, regardless of buzzwords, even taking into account centralization of carbon output being placed with the power plant rather than the car, since central locations are a lot easier to regulate and also shift towards different sources blah blah blah let's not get into that debate). However I do agree that it seemed oddly out of character for Brock to replace the engine in his Charger with an electric one since it basically defeats the primary purpose of owning a Charger. I don't know though, maybe Brock is sick of high gas prices and big oil and he can just plug his car in at the Venture Compound for free.
Nov. 1, 2010, 6:54pm
  • by SexySmell
  • (unregistered id: 1A15ED46FF)
Lest we forget this is a a comedy program. I hardly think they did that to take sides. Turning a muscle car into an electric car is pretty funny no? Its also a bit of juxtaosition Brock the heartless killer who is nonetheless sensitive enough to care about the environment.
Nov. 1, 2010, 8:43pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 43F7869F5C)
Yeah, it's just for the sake of humor.
Nov. 1, 2010, 8:53pm
  • by Roscoe
ATTENTION ALL: I am sorry if I came off as a tool.
I Restore HotRods for a living, I just have strong thoughts about the issue of electric motors where Engines should be.
Even if it was supposed to be funny, and putting aside my VERY strong feelings toward the "go-green movement;" Just knowing what I do about the effectiveness of electric vehicles, and especially electric motors in Large old vehicles, I just found it to be really unnecessary beat, especially given that doc was in an airplane hanger, and never could have asphixiated himself anyway.

But no matter! Again, I'm sorry if I came off like a tool, I should keep my rantings to myself, and I apologize.
Nov. 2, 2010, 2:48pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
No worries, man. You've got a right to your opinion.
Nov. 2, 2010, 4:54pm
  • by Roscoe
Well, thanks 'H'
Then I'm going to rant one more time, and this time will prove there is no bias in my opinion about that type of joke: I just finally got to watch Silent Partners last night, and I was again disapointed when they made a 'Legalize gay marriage, and pot' statement and tried to pass it off as humor. -And I support those issues!
But they did it just to be all hot-topical. There is nothing funny about making your gay character say he's moving to a place with legal gay marriage. That isn't a joke, it's just relying on people's strong opinions to cary it through without making an actual joke.....I'm sorry to go a-ranting again. I've just gone for years praising the Venture Bros. for being so original, it doesn't need to rely on politics, or current affairs to carry it, as so many others do.
Nov. 3, 2010, 2:21pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Eh, gay people and marijuana have existed for years, as have questions regarding their legal status, and neither is likely to disappear any time soon. That's one of those jokes that could have been made 20 years ago and still be funny.
Nov. 3, 2010, 7:29pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Evazul unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 6:42am
  • Evagsv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 5:13am
  • Evaxiv unlocked One Year Later Mar. 28, 2024, 2:51am
  • Jaowela unlocked One Year Later Mar. 27, 2024, 1:40pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites