Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by mr c
  • (unregistered id: 10B0973377)
Hey anyone else think that Monstroso planned on getting captured to infiltrate the Venture compound (and SPHINX) besides me, hence the still unseen frame of his men coming to the compound gates?
Oct. 25, 2010, 9:23pm
  • by mr c
also, given the reputation of this show for season finalies, I must also add that I am bit scared of the possibilies coming along on with the hour long end. Anyone else wonder that some major characters will die?
Oct. 25, 2010, 9:26pm
  • by GrimGravy
  • (unregistered id: 1B8661F6D0)
Jackson and Doc have already played the death-of-a-major-character card twice, both in season finales (three times if you want to count Phantom Limb as a major character and even if his death was alleged at the time). I would like to think they'd like to add a different cliffhanger this time around.
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:31pm
  • by mr c
I think that it's gonna be a couple major deaths in the season ender. But I see your point also. Maybe that route is played out. Still I worry a bit that we will see the end of the Monarch.
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:39pm
  • by GrimGravy
From a writer's perspective, I would think a cliffhanger of Dr. Mrs. The Monarch starting an affair with 21 or filing for divorce would be more exciting to deal with than just killing off the Monarch and creating another "what happens to [x character] now that [x foil character] is gone" scenario, which is what the AstroBase is already doing with 21's arc. So yeah, I'm thinking fresh route. Hell, maybe we'll get another glimpse of who/what may have led to 24's death.
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:56pm
  • by beb
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
24 was never a major character.

The Monarch has become too central to the shows success for them to off him. Likewise any break-up of Mr and Mrs The Monarch. On the other hand Sgt Hatred has been filling Brock;'s job all season so he's a good candidate.
Oct. 26, 2010, 1:09pm
  • by GrimGravy
24 was a major character in the sense that he had a large fanbase, and was therefore just as integral to the show's success as any other popular character. Just because a character had little to do with an overall arc doesn't mean that VB fans won't be shocked to see something bad (really bad; like, death bad) happen to them.

Hatred is just getting started, they wouldn't kill him off. Yet.
Oct. 26, 2010, 6:17pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 43F7869F5C)
It's hard for me to believe he'd be able to forsee that complete chain of events.
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:11pm
  • by mr c
i dunno it seems odd for him not to know about sphinx and that someone would come after Billy,,,but maybe you're right.
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:40pm
  • by mr c
it also seems strange that the "investors" would just step out of the way and let brock and shoreleave get to him, being as powerful as they seem to be.
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:44pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 43F7869F5C)
Well, Killenger let Rusty get out of being a supervillain and he's of comparable power.
Oct. 26, 2010, 3:23pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarfhc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 19, 2024, 6:32am
  • Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites