Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by phosphoric acid
  • (unregistered id: F682EF6A56)
That was an alright episode. I would've wanted more interaction between Billy and White. It feels empty to have an episode with them BOTH, yet they don't really get to bounce off each other like they usually do. I guess those two just don't work well on their own...

I loved Shore Leave though oh my god. They could make a show entirely about him and i'd watch it again and again!!!
Oct. 25, 2010, 1:27am
  • by GrimGravy
  • (unregistered id: 1B8661F6D0)
I ALWAYS want more Billy/White.

They both had honest moments in this episode: Billy thinks White doesn't care about him, that he's a leech and is holding him back from success; White, despite taking Billy in after the OSI incident in the 80's and living with him and hanging out with him ever since, refuses, when probed, to admit that he cares anything more about Billy than as a business partner. They care about each other; it just doesn't make sense for them NOT to. You can't be with someone near constantly for so long (we're talking decades here) and not have emotional attachment on a higher level than "co worker," positive OR negative.

And given their quibble in Any Which Way But Zeus, I think the AstroBase might be working toward a confrontation that will either take Billy and White to a new level with each other as partners/friends, or break them up (if only temporarily).
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:26am
  • by phosphoric acid
  • (unregistered id: 6D62003FD9)
Agreed ENTIRELY. I feel kinda silly saying this, but just I gush over those two. There's something endearing about a couple of characters who are so well bonded, yet can't stand each other half the time. Although it's sad how Billy disregards White as a nuisance, while White obviously adores him so much and has trouble conveying it. Haha... maybe THAT'S the root of their problems: how emotionally disconnected they are.

But oh well. With any luck they won't break apart (because as I said, I find them harder to enjoy individually...). And hopefully the next episode will give these two at least a TINY bit of closure. Hell, my fingers are crossed!
Oct. 25, 2010, 5:12pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 43F7869F5C)
Oh, they should just do it already!
Oct. 25, 2010, 6:14pm
  • by GrimGravy
Precisely.
Oct. 25, 2010, 8:43pm
  • by GrimGravy
Also agreed. Though to be fair to White, how do you convey feelings to someone that you know you treat like an ass most of the time, even if you don't mean it? I would assume that would leave White feeling like a HUGE heel and therefore he prefers to just not try.

And as I said, there has to be SOMETHING there that holds them together, and they must have some inkling of it. Any sane person would not invest so much time with someone if they didn't think they were deserving of it for some reason or another. This is especially true for Billy. It IS at least partially true that he would be better off without White (he really has the skills and determination to be successful and White is ultimately a slacker). So what's stopped him over the years from dumping White and striking out on his own? Pity? Love? Sense of obligation (White took him in when he was lost, broke, confused, and short a few body parts)? Who knows, but they (and we, if only us two) could definitely do with some closure and hopefully we'll get it before a hypothetical next season.
Oct. 25, 2010, 9:17pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 43F7869F5C)
Billy had no memory of the events leading up them living together. He's a man without a past, and you don't strike out on your own if you don't know where you've come from. They need each other- White needs Billy to be a better person, and Billy needs White to keep him from getting too big a head (metaphorically, although the pun is intended).
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:03pm
  • by GrimGravy
As of Invisible Hand though, I assume Billy regained the memory of his past for keeps. I was under the impression that Brock and crew tried to play it off as though he were dreaming, but as this was before Brock hooked up with SPHINX (and I assume without them he had no real access to a memory wiper, especially after seeing how big this thing is in Everybody Comes To Hank's), I assume that when Billy realized it wasn't a dream and attacked Brock ("You owe meeee!") that there was little convincing him to re-forget. And in Buddy System, Billy had his Quizboys booth (to which I believe it would be impossible for White to just pass off all the similarities between him and the host as just coincidence to Billy). At this point, I believe he has to, at least in part, remember how he came to be where he is now.
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:19pm
  • by GrimGravy
And if he now remembers that it's White's fault that he got where he was, he could have just as easily picked up where he left off before he got tangled up in the OSI: kicking White to the curb because he's nothing but trouble.
Oct. 25, 2010, 10:38pm
  • by Phosphoric acid
  • (unregistered id: 241E2C161A)
Yeah yeah, that makes sense. Him being nicer to Billy would probably also incite even more "oh my god gay" snarks... as if he doesn't get enough of those already!

I never actually thought of WHY Billy still stays with White. I always assumed it was part friendship, part location (access to ADVENTURE!), part helplessness (couldn't make it on his own: freak, no job, no schooling). Hmmm. But as Mysterious H said, the two definitely need each other. Can't have a Billy without a White. Hehe...
Oct. 26, 2010, 12:38pm
  • by GrimGravy
I really didn't question why on a deeper level until this episode, now that they both said what they said about each other. It just leaves me wondering if there's going to be more to it than "they're just dickheaded idiots who haven't thought of the simplest solution of just going their separate ways." Though knowing the comedy of the AsroBase, that's probably the case.
Oct. 26, 2010, 6:00pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldarpvn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 7:01pm
  • Eldarchm unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 4:12pm
  • Eldardjo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:42pm
  • Eldarqex unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 9:57am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites