Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by ghost of speedy
  • (unregistered id: E1BFC4E03A)
I checked Past Tense and Pete White is wearing a pink shirt in college. What that means, I do not know.
Sep. 27, 2010, 10:54pm
  • by Chris98vf
  • (unregistered id: A32A40053D)
I have shirts from back in college (10+ years) I can't wear anymore but I still have them
Sep. 27, 2010, 11:00pm
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FBE2DEF3B5)
I have t-shirts I still wear on the weekends that I had in 8th grade. And that was 14 years ago. I can't come even close to fitting in pants that old though.

Pete should have just admitted that pink shirts is just part of his style, instead of digging himself into a hole.
Sep. 27, 2010, 11:23pm
  • by Dormammund Dumber
  • (unregistered id: 9C768269EB)
I have ragged shirts from '80 that I still wear, polyester/nylon unbiodegradable war on Earth survivers. Cockroaches will be wearing parts of my clothes in the next hundred years when we are all gone.

Ok, so that back ground guy who is like the version of The Penguin if he joined the Seeds and got into record collecting (Tag Sale) with the dutch boy cut, he has a hench? Who ran to him? Happened pretty fast and that guy, he intrigues..

Also: Is Truckules a henchman? The Zero chase, he's in the gaggle of goobers running down the race track. He's maybe hencher and villain slash odd truckman more interested in gas stations bug out? A total cipher. I'm sure someone here knows the answer. I wont sleep until I can figure this one out. It's been a few days, and I thought perhaps I might have a conclusion by today. Another thought is he has some other parts to him like spare henchware that can be tossed out under duress. Maybe he was housing Tricyclops and the Watchmaking Kamakazi Frog Squad who were forced out in his inprisoned state of lock down.

Also: Pete White was out in the sun for a while, is he going to be able to function for the rest of the season? Explain his pink lucky pants. Were those red too at one point?

Loved this episode, so many characters, lot of time put into each fleeting scene. Shark skin is very rough, like sandpaper, and you would think a well educated Canadian would know this even in the heat of verbal riposte.

I have more questions, but unlike all of you I don't have a recorder, will have to rewatch when its not the witching hour and hopefully you will be able to ignore me properly (some of the things I thought I saw does not make sense in cartoons even, lack of sleep is a giddy thing).
Sep. 28, 2010, 11:38am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: DA1A2954DF)
One of the arches Dr. Girlfriend #2'd for is Truckulese, so at some point he was a main bad guy. Realistically they probably just used his model in there because it was hilarious to see (especially Billy riding on him towards the end) but it can be explained away pretty easily by just saying Henchman 1/Zero/Scott Hall wasn't overly thorough and accidentally grabbed a few main guys instead of all sidekicks. Or maybe he's trying out being a #2 or something.

Regardless the plot of stealing all the second fiddles didn't make a whole lot of sense if you think about it. I'm still not quite sure what his motivation was (I mean, I know what he said, but it seemed like a flimsy pretense to have a bunch of dudes together) or where he got his funding for the whole ordeal but I guess he could have borrowed it or maybe he's independently wealthy or something. I think Doc Hammer just really likes Henchman 1.
Sep. 28, 2010, 12:42pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: D58ADA3880)
I got the whole 'grabbing sidekicks' thing. He was a henchman who supposedly went the cliche way, so he's got an inferiority complex. By making other sidekicks/henchmen fight, he could say, "I'm the best henchman/sidekick because I control all the henchmen/sidekicks." As for funding, he has some mad henchman skills (falling victim to cliches notwithstanding), so he could have pulled off some heists once he went AWOL.
Sep. 28, 2010, 12:51pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
My real problem is that 21 was so insistant about the whole hoplite/centurion thing. Gladiators are Roman, not Greek, so they're mixing up the mythology anyway.
Sep. 28, 2010, 4:12pm
  • by ghost of speedy
  • (unregistered id: F6D3CE4A50)
original captain sunshine/the butler said that they had a plan to reward henchmen but henchman one had gone mad, maybe they rented out the space to throw a party. The butler probably has access to plenty of money, based on the mansion he lives in.
Which is another thing: did the butler cede the captain sunshine identity to the original wonderboy based on his activism for henchmen and sidekick rights? Did he become a servant to make up for his time as a protagonist?
Sep. 28, 2010, 7:28pm
  • by IconoclastX
  • (unregistered id: 763561F4D7)
The thing is, it's not just his shirt; it actually looks like he's just wearing a white jacket over a full-body pink leotard, set with a diamond brooch. Not exactly standard masculine attire...
Sep. 28, 2010, 11:46am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
It fits him, being an albino. If he wore a lot of dark colors it would look weird. It's sort of a Miami Vice look, and that's a somewhat masculine show.
Sep. 28, 2010, 12:45pm
  • by Dormammund Dumber
  • (unregistered id: 9C768269EB)
The red attire is supposed to match his eyes.

Can't the Monarch's cocoon be looted now that he's a stiff mummy in some Utah hospital in the middle of nowhere (presumably). Could explain the money roll.
Sep. 28, 2010, 1:12pm
  • by GrimGravy
  • (unregistered id: 1B8661F6D0)
I'm surprised no one's mentioned that sometimes the men who defend themselves most fiercely against being called gay ARE actually gay and are just afraid of what will be thought of them if they're open about it. (Personally, I'd believe White is bisexual, but I'm not here to argue about it.)

Also, pink teeshirt in Invisible Hand of Fate as well as two nicknames (off the top of my head) that he hasn't argued against: "Pink Pilgrim" and "Pink Phantom". Clearly, White has no problem with pink so I would believe that he made excuses about his shirt just to defend himself from gay accusations.
Sep. 28, 2010, 11:28pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Eldaresr unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 3:58am
  • Eldarlst unlocked One Year Later Apr. 18, 2024, 12:16am
  • Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites